Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cop Storys

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 01:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cop Storys

Lets here some runing from the cop storys.
Im always intrested in those

Old 11-01-2006, 02:08 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Cop Storys

im pretty sure that you will get alot more ppl yelling and saying wtf were you thinking instead of people glamorizing it up by running.
i could be wrong but time will tell

Old 11-01-2006, 02:47 AM

It's not like its hard

Old 11-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats not the issue at hand. its the responsibility factor and the image you will portray on all of us that is unappreciated.

also, use bbcode in your sig, not html.

Code:

Old 11-01-2006, 12:42 PM

There are a LOT of very seasoned riders on this board that feel a responsiblity to jump on anyone who posts stories about runnin, speeding in traffic. Stuff that we have all done to some degree, at some point, but know better now. There are a lot of boards that get into that, but you won't see much of it here. Not sure if it actually works, and makes new riders think twice, or if it just drives em off the forum, but after riding for 15-20 years and seeing all sorts of unneccasary biker deaths, listening to storys about the guy who runs to avoid a speeding ticket isn't so much fun anymore.

Old 11-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running is a bad idea.

On a different funny cop story.

Christmas time a few years back - it was cold and the road conditions were very poor.

I exited the highway (freeway) and at the top of the exit ramp was a stop sign. I glanced back and saw car lights, but didn't come to a complete stop ( I was making a right turn onto an empty access road ).

Immediately the lights come on... the lights behind me were a highway police car

Cop walks up as I kill the engine. He asks - do you know why I pulled you over. My mind is racing. I said - yes - and continued on to say ' I saw you behind me and didn't think you could stop, so I looked and eased through '.

He paused and then chuckled... he then said 'Merry Christmas' and walked back to his car. A Christmas freebie... I was so busted.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:37 PM

Once I ruined a cop's day by giving him saltine crackers instead of glazed donuts and tea instead of coffee... boy was he pissed.

oh, I stop whenever I get pulled. Although, I've had 2 occasions of where I was being chased and didn't know it until 3 cop cars were on me and did a road block or forced me off the road... That's what I get for not having mirrors.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: compulady5
I had some jerk cop tell me chicks should only ride bikes if they are on the BACK! [:@]
I think there should be more women in motorcycling. Nothing sexier than a hot chick in leathers...

Old 11-01-2006, 07:09 PM

Deffiently a bad decision to try and run. if someone did i don't think they'd want to share the story. Also talk about being screwed if you get caught.