Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The coolest Cop ever!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 05:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The coolest Cop ever!

I just got back in from practicing my wheelie-ing and I must say I just met the COOLEST cop on the planet.
I was down in the wherehouse district and it was like 11:30 pm or so, I was in my old works parking lot which is huge and vacant at this time of night. I chose this spot for its good lighting and pavement, and its remote location, so as not to bother anyone with the rapping sound of my exhaust, and because its HUGE and no places for suprises. The lot is kind of sunk down below another wherehouses parking lot, and I was there for a good 1/2 hour or so practicing 1st gear power wheelies. Just trying to get more comfortable with the height and more consistant. Not trying to ride them out really. Just as I turned my bike off, put the kick stand down and took my helmet off to stop to grab a drink from my back pack which I had set down near my old works bay door here come a cop walking over to me.... Needless to say my brain went "Oh ****" He came over to me and told me he had been watching me about 10 Minutes and said "You know why I am here right?" I responded "yeah, I guess you are going to write me a ticket, right?" He said "No on the contrary, I ride a bike myself and this is a good choice for practicing that kind of thing, although you really ought to have a friend with you just in case things go wrong" He then proceeded to compliment me on my improving consistancy of getting the wheel up and taking it slow. We got to talking and he told me he has always wanted to try some stunting but doesn't have the bals for that sort of thing. Which suprised the hell out of me, I mean I'd think you'd need some pretty big brass ones to do his job. He told me he had to get back to work and we shook hands and both went our seperate ways. I just had to share this since in my oppinion this had to be THE coolest cop ever. Proof there are still some human beings out there that aren't just out to get you. Wherever you are "Captain Cool" My hat (or helmet) is off to you!

Old 08-26-2006, 05:30 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: The coolest Cop ever!

sweet ! who knows maybe you and him can go riding and then become buds and if something happens its always nice to have a friend who is a cop to help get you outta the ****

Old 08-26-2006, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: havoc_on_2_wheels

sweet ! who knows maybe you and him can go riding and then become buds and if something happens its always nice to have a friend who is a cop to help get you outta the ****
+1 on that All of the cops around here are dicks, but I guess their not too bad compared to other places.

-Jesse-

Old 08-27-2006, 12:01 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow.. nuts.. never would happend here in GB.. ******* cops

Old 08-27-2006, 12:08 AM

Not all cops are a$$holes in Green Bay. I lived. LOL. MY Uncle is the Sheriff of on of he county's close to there!! But anyways, I know what you mean. Most of them are, well, "the ****"(in their world).

Old 08-27-2006, 12:10 AM

Yeah I hear that, I never would have guessed the cop would have been that cool either. Every other experience I've had with police around here they have pretty much been jerks too. (Washington State)
I think maybe I just got lucky and met up with a "kindred Spirit" MC ridier cop. Still, coll as hell. I should have got his name so I could try and go riding with him. Maybe I'll see him again at the same Bat time, Same bat parking lot. LOL

Old 08-27-2006, 12:25 AM

that's awesome, not all cops are bad. a cop who was an aquantence of mine pulled me and my hubby over for racing once and told me to keep a better eye out for cops and sent me on my way...lol

Old 08-27-2006, 04:37 AM

i know a few cool ones...always try the excuse theyve never heard and sometimes it amuses them so much they let ya go.

Old 08-27-2006, 06:26 AM

^^That is so true. LOL But...depending on the situation it either works or Totally backfires. I remember one time after working on my Old 79' Monte Carlo Hot Rod I went out to test out the changes I made... I was at a light and when the light turned green, I mashed the gas, and the new headers and exhaust I had just put on roared to life making more noise than an angry giant screaming obcenities into a megaphone. I proceeded to haul ***** down the street and then those flashing lights came on behind me, I realized I just sped passed a premo speed trap. When the cop came up to my window he said "I have been waiting for you all day" I responded "Well, I got here as fast as I could" The cop started cracking up and said "Yeah I could hear that" He let me off with a warning and told me to take it home and park it. Which I promptly did. I took the glass packs off and replaced them with something a little more toned down, even though they DID sound killer.