Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Congrats To GSP

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats To GSP

dont know who here watchs UFC or any MMA fights, But Georges St. Pierre won the Championship bout last night against Matt Serra. Although Matt is a local here, im happy to see Gsp take back the well deserved Belt..

Old 04-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned
Default RE: Congrats To GSP

Was a good fight, indeed! I was APU'd but we watched it.

Who was that bitch, can't remember his name... kept taunting ol' boy but couldn't do anything else? I thought it was funny, "okay, this *****'s had enough - stop the fight!"

Haha, punks. I hate 'em.

Can't help but to like St. Pierre. Seems a stand up guy.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Retired Moderator

GSP is great and is a VERY deserving champ. I also like Serra, but I don't think his win was anything more than GSP underestimating a decent fighter.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:48 AM

GSP is the most athletic fighter i've ever seen, i'd like to see him jump up a weight class and fight Anderson Silva. He's in a league of his own at welterweight.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Banned

Lots of good careers went down the drain because of desire to jump up a weight class too soon. The other career ender seems to be going professional too soon.

In any case, i think he should stay at least another year in his weight class. By the time he gets there he'll be a serious contender - anything less from GSP would be unfortunate.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:14 PM

Yes congrats to GSP...definatley deserves that belt more than Serra thats for sure.

Who here thinks we'll see Kalib Starnes in the octagon again after that embarrasement on Pay Per View?
I bet Dana makes it so that guy never fights MMA again haha.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:03 PM

kalib completely embarassed himself there, and you know Dana will never allow him back. that was probably the most boring fight ever, and there was nothing Nate Quarry could do, i mean he literally chased him all around the ring and towards the end was just making a joke about it, and you can't blame him totally, it was classless but I'd be pissed too. I must say Nate looked like he was ready for a fight though, a little more aggressive than the past.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:07 PM

I don't even think it was classless. Nate tried everything to get Kalib to throw down with him and nothing worked. Last trick in the book is make fun of him and **** him off enough he wants to fight, but even that didn't work. Mind you Kalib did seem a little more eager to fight after the bell sounded and everyone else was in the ring with him hahaha.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:59 PM

That fight pissed me off seeing a person who is paid to fight come out and do absolutely nothing, in his country. I really enjoyed seeing Quarry do what he did in that 3rd round. It is not as though he would lose the fight because he would not get hit anyway. And to have a 30-24 score card and the worst losing margin in the history of UFC is terrible. Starnes will never be bak to fight!

Old 04-21-2008, 03:49 PM

I missed the fights but I couldnt believe Serra even won the first time around. GSP certainly is good but I think Matt Hughes is the best in that weight class. That guy is a monster.

Quick Reply: Congrats To GSP