Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Coming to a stop on your bike a little faster than you anticipated...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming to a stop on your bike a little faster than you anticipated...

and smashing your package against the gas tank . I have done this way to many times haha. its always terrible!!

the first time i clutched up a wheelie in first gear i revvd it way to high and she popped up so quickly i panicked and hit the rear brake far to hard i came down and just SMASHED the boys into the tank, i thought it was all over.

its also really unenjoyable if you have a passenger on the back

Any other guys have a similar unfortunate experience and a funny story to go with it?

Last edited by Michaud85; 09-27-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was riding with someone and was at a light. I was under the impression we were gonna take it easy off the line, but he guns it. I was about to take an easy short shift so I was slightly off the throttle (unloaded suspension) and then got back on it hard to get back to pace and my front end came up, catching me just a bit off guard. Came back down on my nuts. I'm guessing it might have looked kinda cool since I had a tinted shield and you couldn't see my face look like this: >_<

Old 09-27-2010, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Michaud85
and smashing your package against the gas tank . I have done this way to many times haha. its always terrible!!

the first time i clutched up a wheelie in first gear i revvd it way to high and she popped up so quickly i panicked and hit the rear brake far to hard i came down and just SMASHED the boys into the tank, i thought it was all over.

its also really unenjoyable if you have a passenger on the back

Any other guys have a similar unfortunate experience and a funny story to go with it?
For a passenger, have them put one hand on the gas tank to support their weight when cpming to a stop so you don't have the extra weight crushin ur boys

Old 09-27-2010, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tremar
For a passenger, have them put one hand on the gas tank to support their weight when cpming to a stop so you don't have the extra weight crushin ur boys

thats what i usually have the girlfriend do. it helps out a lot. but i have smashed them a time or three. people always look over to see why i am shifting around so much at a light. only if they knew.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by ridefast
thats what i usually have the girlfriend do. it helps out a lot. but i have smashed them a time or three. people always look over to see why i am shifting around so much at a light. only if they knew.
LMAO... I think for now on if I ride with the GF i'm wearing a cup.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:36 PM

Eunuchs don't have this problem I am told.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:38 PM

I always seem to slide up the seat towards the tank... I know this feeling all too much.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tremar

After the first time or three, this is what I have my wife do. It's funny to see the old people next to me looking funny at me as I adjusted my package after the first time I slid on the seat with my wife riding.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:30 PM

ive learned to use my thighs and squeeze the tank as much as possible to prevent this. but we've all been down this road and our giggleberries have seen better days from time to time.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I usually anticipate my braking enough to prevent it and I never carry passengers. I have this problem more with potholes and dips in the road.

With all the road irregularities here in Philly, I'm lucky to still be able to have kids

Quick Reply: Coming to a stop on your bike a little faster than you anticipated...