Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

College Bowl Pick'em

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default College Bowl Pick'em

anybody follow the college bowl games? im in one of the yahoo leagues where you pick the winner and sort them by points. so if the team you pick wins you get points based on where you placed the game (34 to 1 points).

does anyone follow college football closely? what is a for sure win for a team and what do you think some upsets are?

Old 12-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Default RE: College Bowl Pick'em

I'm a big OU fan, but Floridas a great team. I got nothing against Florida and have cheered for them in the past, but all in all I just hope for a good fair game. Good luck to both very deserving teams.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:08 PM

I've thought about starting up a CBRF Private Group for this, so we can all battle and see who does best, but I didn't think it would go over well since Kewl Breeze is the only one that usually converses with me on college football on here...

I have an entry set up, but we should see who would want in on a CBRF league and maybe set one up. I'm sure Kewl Breeze would want in...

I'm a season ticket holder for Uconn football, but I grew up following Notre Dame and I also like Ohio State.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:03 PM

I was wondering why there wasn't much interest in college ball on here???? I got into college ball years ago and follow NFL less and less each year. Every week is important in college ball and every weekend yeilds an amazing highlight reel, unlike NFL where it's whoever had the coolest touchdown dance or the highest salary. I'm from Noth Texas. Up there is 50/50 UT and OU fans, with a few aggies thrown in. Always thought UT was over rated year after year and big babies when they didn't go anywhere.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when college football gets a playoff system, maybe ill care [8D]as far as picking now, its so obv that you should always just pick the highest ranked team! its fool-proof!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:53 PM

^^ All I got to say to that is Boise States Statue of Liberty play FTW vs Okla a few years back in the Fiesta Bowl!!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jfunkRR

^^ All I got to say to that is Boise States Statue of Liberty play FTW vs Okla a few years back in the Fiesta Bowl!!
i dont watch alot ofcollege FB (hardly any), but i did see that game, and that whole game was nuts, from oklahoma coming all the way back to take the lead late, to boise tying it on 4th and forever at the end of regulation, to the statue of liberty play, to the announcer ****ing up that guys engagement proposal...man...that game had it all [8D]

Old 12-18-2008, 12:03 AM

Florida over Oklahoma
texas over Ohio State
Alabama over Utah
Texas Tech over Ole Miss
USC over Penn State
Oregon over Oklahoma State
Michigan State over Georgia
Georgia Tech over LSU
Oregon State over Pitt
Boise State over TCU

Dont care about the rest

Old 12-18-2008, 07:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

I'm a big OU fan, but Floridas a great team. I got nothing against Florida and have cheered for them in the past, but all in all I just hope for a good fair game. Good luck to both very deserving teams.
Ill be in Miami playing golf and watching my limping Sooners play in the title game!! And no big OU fan is going to wish good luck on anyone else..

Anyone in S. Florida hit me up if you want to play a round of golf, or just get drunk as a 2fingered ***** in a dive bar...

BOOMER SOONER..

Add 1 more Hiesman Trophy to that case boss...

Old 12-18-2008, 10:34 AM

Uconn over Buffalo

Quick Reply: College Bowl Pick'em