Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

College books

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: College books

ORIGINAL: Aweasel
also, the international editions are word for word the same thing
word to that but yeah, international editions are verbatim of editions sold here in the states. On a copy of an international edition that I picked up, it strictly forbidden the sale of the text in US.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea im gonna have to check some of these too.
last semester i sold all 3 of my books from history (that i only used 3 times anyway) for $9
i probably paid about $75 for all of them
i prefer to jus tkeep them or throw them away before i give them to someone for $3 then theyll sell it again for $25

Old 01-14-2009, 03:50 PM

ya, books are def. cheaper through amazon.com and ebay.com but schools already two weeks in by the time the book arrives while ive already had two hmwk assingments from the books due

Old 01-14-2009, 03:53 PM

For international versions I tend to use TextbooksRus.com

Old 01-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

My school has a scholorship program which pays for my books. [8D]

Check with your schools financial aide.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:18 AM

FINANCIAL AIDE IS A DAMN JOKE - THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY WANT TO GO TO SCHOLL CANT AFFORD TO BECAUSE THE PEOPLE GETTIG FINANCIAL AIDE ARE SPENDING THAT MONEY ON NOTHING RELATING TO SCHOOL AND SHORT CHANGING THE REST OF SOCIETY ....... LIKE I SAID A DAMN JOKE ......

Old 01-15-2009, 10:18 AM

^^ wth

Your post is a damn joke. I would think it would strictly depend on what district as well as what individual is using the FA. What kind of blind biased crap is that?
How the hell does people going to school on finacial aide effect anyone else who is paying for their books?
Besides class proportion and capacity how the hell do you get off downing anything thats reaching out to the lower class community ?

Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 AM

looks like you need to go to typing school [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 01-15-2009, 01:25 PM

well i speak because im personally lower to middle class and not rich by any means and this website has nothing to do with grammar or spelling either way i get my point across - i see so many people that work the system to get financial aid to pay for scholl and they are given my hard earned tax money to pay tuition and end up using it on BS that is nowhere school related -
im venting and not poiting this at anyone person ......

Old 01-15-2009, 01:47 PM

yes, a small minority does use the "kickbacks" or most commonly called, refund checks for stupid **** but for the most part financial aide helps people who don't have 10 grand cash to pay for one semester. Financial aide isn't "Given to you"...it's given straight to the school depending on how much it'll cost you. Refund checks are whatever residuals left and typically are just from loans that you actually have to pay back so it's really your money. I didn't get much financial aide, I got private loans that I'll have to pay back, something like 40 grand which isn't bad considering. They base fincancial aide from EFC or estimated family contribution...my EFC was 12 grand...a bunch of bull**** considering my parents didn't pay a dime for school, books, food, housing, etc. A buddy of mine had an EFC of $0 and got a full ride. If you want to go bad enough...you can.

Every semester I got between 500-1000 in the form of a refund check, this money is mine that I'll have to pay back and it was extra specifically for books, supplies and that's what I would spend it on...now buying cheap books was a good tactic imo to limit the dipping into of that money.

Quick Reply: College books