Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

"Cloverfield"

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Cloverfield"

WTF?! It's a Power Rangers movie? Ok screw that I'm not going to go see that, Power Rangers are gay, sorry Torres. =P

Old 01-21-2008, 01:29 PM

HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POWER RANGERS! just a kick *** movie.. imagine godzilla meets independence day meets hot chicks.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:34 PM

oh ok, I guess I'll go see it tonight or tomorrow then on the ULTRASCREEN! =)

**edit**

ok i lied its not even playing here.....

Old 01-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i found out today that if you sit through the credits, you can hear a voice at the end of the movie through static.....played backwards it says "its still alive"

also, at the end where they show vid of Coney Island, you are supposed to be able to see something drop from the sky and into the water off in the distance.

dont worry, doooooont worry....i spoiled nothing for those that havent seen it. i wouldnt mind checking it out a second time!

Old 01-21-2008, 02:59 PM

its a friggin bunny rabbit

Old 01-21-2008, 04:51 PM

Where did u hear you are supposed to see something drop from the sky in the coney island scene? I didnt see anything. Though the movie was pretty good. Dunno what that person said above about hot chicks tho. They really arent part of the movie's fabric. I'd say a mix of Blair witch, godzilla, and jurassic park with a twist of september 11th.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

WTF?! It's a Power Rangers movie? Ok screw that I'm not going to go see that, Power Rangers are gay, sorry Torres. =P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Not everything you see on the net is true! Or is it??

Old 01-21-2008, 06:49 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: jaynd

i found out today that if you sit through the credits, you can hear a voice at the end of the movie through static.....played backwards it says "its still alive"
actually he says "I'm still alive"

Old 01-21-2008, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

also, at the end where they show vid of Coney Island, you are supposed to be able to see something drop from the sky and into the water off in the distance.

dont worry, doooooont worry....i spoiled nothing for those that havent seen it. i wouldnt mind checking it out a second time!
This could possibly spoil it a little bit, but probably not, read carefully.

Yeah i saw it in the corner of the screen. A friend of mine said he faintly heard it make that groan/roar that it makes right then, but i didn't hear it.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:07 AM

my 2 cents on the movie, if you like the realism feel that blair witch style filming gives you will probably enjoy this film, if you think its anoying and makes you sick, it may anoy you and make you sick.

i think they did a good job of keeping the camcorder feel while reducing the slopynss of the filming by alot, its not blair witch, it is a full production film, so give it a chance.

ill have to look for the bit at the end you guys are talking about, interesting

warning! alittle bit of a spoiler below this line _______________________________

you know in most sci fi flicks about half way through the main character meets up with a scientist or someone who reveals what the monster is, where it came from, and a general idea of how to kill it. then the second half of the movie is them going about killing it.

this movie does not do that, which is kinda refreshing.

Quick Reply: "Cloverfield"