Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

the clear winner

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking the clear winner

over the years, all of the bikes ive owned either came with a tinted shield , or the clear was so bad i replaced it with a tinted one. this new 929 of mine still had the oem clear , but apperently was a windexer and you could not see thru it, well after two good coats of paste wax poof the thing is cristal clear. and the look is fantastic, for once im super happy with a clear . guess im gettin old

Old 10-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Well done :-)

Check out any of my videos and imagine the difference if my screen were not crystal clear or horror was tinted ..a huge section of the road and the view comes from behind my screen :-)

I always preferred the look of the clear screen too ..never really liked tinted...

Jules

Old 10-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My clear one was pretty discolored and hazy so I bought one of those headlight restore kits from advance auto when it was on sale for $6. It was the "turtle wax" brand kit. It comes with like 6 different grit pads, and some solutions. You basically wetsand it with the pads, progressively getting finer. When I was done, the difference was like night and day. Then hitting it with wax made it crystal clear. I actually did a write-up, but my camera decided to erase the pics when I pulled the sd card....

Old 10-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's this paste wax stuff? Where do you get it? I need to hit my shield hard with something..

edit: I'll just pick up the turtle wax headlight kit from Autozone like Kilgore did.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:31 AM

they have clear windscreens??? man who knew lol

Old 10-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie

WHo actually looks though their windscreen anyway? LOL

Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 AM

what is this windscreen you speak of?!?! bahahaha...

Old 10-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Talking clearly dont get it

i knew this was coming... no you dont look thru it , but it still looks good on the bike,NO? and if if you dont look thru it than why not take it off or is yours already missing? PG did you sell your bike? Chuckbear... just plain old maguires cleaner paste wax in the CAN. works great JUST DONT GET IT ON PLASTIC TRIM. Thanks Jules, im commin around nicely on the clear sheild. i wish i had 40,000 different "smileyholdinwhatevers" . still stuck with the regulation 7. peace

Old 10-15-2009, 01:44 PM

Nope still got it. I still got the clear ws that came with er too. Its didnt look too bad, but I like it better with the smoked one

Old 10-15-2009, 02:34 PM

i would have loved to get a plain lockheart tint screen for my old RR but i had to settle with double bouble in smoke , i like the smoke ,but not the double bubble. I had a hard time finding that one as older bikes are a bitch to get aftermarket parts for. Glad you kept your bike bro....peace

Quick Reply: the clear winner