Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

clear fairings....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default clear fairings....

what does everyone think of Hotbodies new clear fairings?

as for the idea, i think its very cool and very different. but wont be so "different" when 10 other people around town have them. but.......a cool idea none the less.

but...................i guarentee its a complete BIIIIIIITCH to keep those things clean. its enough cleaning the outside of my fairings, i would hate to have to remove my fairings each time i clean the bike, just so i can clean the inside of them aswell.

here's the link if you havent seen'em yet. just put you're cursor over the fairing of the bike where the circle/dot is blinking....

http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/streetbw.htm

Old 12-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: clear fairings....

I think they were meant to be painted on the inside, but I might be wrong

Old 12-23-2007, 12:33 PM

nah, if you read the description...it says "to show off all you're chrome and custome accesories". so i'd assume they are to stay clear.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:34 PM

I think it looks better in white than clear

Old 12-23-2007, 02:20 PM

I know a guy who has them on his bike. He painted most of the fairing except some spots. So you can see the chrome and he has it lit up with leds. Looks real nice. I wish i had some pictures.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:27 PM

hey corey, if you know the guy well enough......get some pics of it to post here. im very interested in seeing it! i personally wouldnt want them........just wouldnt mind seeing what people have done w/ them!

Old 12-23-2007, 03:49 PM

I think it would be a cleaning nightmare. Not only would the outside dirt be visible, but now that it is clear the inside would be needing a cleaning too! Think of trying to dry your bike after a bath, water spots would be on everything. Most clear plastics I have seen turn yellowish after they are exposed to heat and sunlight. I guess if your bike was for show these would be cool.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:04 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking a frosted-glass look would look shweeet..........but a b*tch to maintain and clean.........not to mention an actual "clear" (as in no color) plastic will yellow and fade due to the sun and heat of the engine (unless it's made from high-temp lexan)........but then it would cost you two arms a leg and both *********...........then another $3400 on top of that.

If you got mid-fairings in clear, and painted them to "blend in' to the stock front fairing, I'm sure it'll look pretty interesting.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:53 AM

I don't like then at all. it's like the clear wheels-bad idea unless it's show only. I will stick with my OEM plastics.

Quick Reply: clear fairings....