Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Chrysler Sebring Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007 | 08:05 PM
Default RE: Chrysler Sebring Problem

Your friend has a problem with his car so you join a sportbike forum for advise? [sm=dontgetit.gif]

More info is necessary. If all you can tell us is "it doesn't turn the way I want it to" then you're hopeless. Take it to a shop.

Old 11-09-2007 | 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: dan.lane84

I have a freind that has a Chrysler Sebring
there's your problem...

Old 11-09-2007 | 10:00 PM
Retired Moderator

Cerberus ownes Chrsytler, Albertsons, and they just bought my company "United Rentals"...that is the reason Chrystler sucks so bad! Ther are a bunch of money grubbin', corpotare ******** that could care less about quality unless they are maknig money. Just my .02! [:@]

Old 11-09-2007 | 10:33 PM

Yeah, Chrysler is really the last of the big three to adapt to quality issues. They really do not understand the importance of quality and why the Japanese have spanked the American auto makers over the past few years. Being a Japanese fan, I am still happy to see Ford and GM adapt to the changes the Japanese have made in the market situation. Back to the topic, if steering is hard, your power steering pump is blown or your belt is not powering it. Get yourself ready for transmission problems b/c Chrysler can not build a trans that is worth the poop I leave in the toilet in the morning. Even better yet, fix the power steering, sell the car, and pick up something that may retain some residual value.... like a Honda.

Old 11-09-2007 | 10:41 PM

les we forget the government bailout in rhe 80's where the US Government gave billions of our taxdollars to that ****ty company.

but they did give us the minivan in return...

Old 11-09-2007 | 10:46 PM

I thought that chrysler was making some good cars, hell if you go in the hood that's all you see, chrysler this and chrysler that, they're more popular than Cadilac

Old 11-10-2007 | 07:02 PM

I currently own all 3 American Manufacturers...- Can't say any is way better than others - Used to be a GM man - went through 7 (YES 7) Transmissions in my 91 Sevilleby the time it hit 170K miles (luckily 5 of them were warrantied) - Decided GM isn't the best. - Currently my Caravan has 163K miles (Was sure I'd be doing a tranny in it around 120K) - I've towed with it, and I run it HARD. - It has been one of the more reliable cars I've owned. - Ford Explorer is OK, not very warm in the winter, terrible gas mileage (5.0L), But no major repairs yet (150K miles on it.), Lincoln's my $100 fun car, Allante is another story - $1000 in repairs each driving season...

My take on foreign - I hate the fact that they frequently cheap out on maintenance things - My sister has a Toyota Camry (Supposedly best ever) - It's had about the same repairs as any of my other vehicles - $300 Power window broke and dropped, and in addition to those usual repairs, It adds on the wonder of a timing belt change every 60K - WEAK - Why didn't they use a chain like pretty much ALL american manuf. use? - We owned a '95 Nissan Maxima - bought new - nice performance, nice trans (smooth, quick, powerful), fit and finish was good, but it had electrical gremlins (Alternators, Engine Computer, etc. - Dealer couldn't figure it out) and we traded off on a Olds Intrigue by 80K miles

Only other complaints on foreign - parts seem way more expensive than US manufacturers (Even though many/most of them are assembled on US ground) and generally they seem to be designed by smaller people (I'm 6'2" and have trouble fitting into many of them)

BackOnTrack... - Onyour Sebring - My guess - bad rack... - Sorry - $500 or so installed... - If power seems good on center, but not at the far ends of the turn. - If power steering works good, but drops off as you rev the engine - then check the pump (Had that problem on my Seville - misdiagnosed as $500 rack - wound up being $60 pump I installed myself.)

Old 11-11-2007 | 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

Yeah, Chrysler is really the last of the big three to adapt to quality issues. They really do not understand the importance of quality and why the Japanese have spanked the American auto makers over the past few years. Being a Japanese fan, I am still happy to see Ford and GM adapt to the changes the Japanese have made in the market situation. Back to the topic, if steering is hard, your power steering pump is blown or your belt is not powering it. Get yourself ready for transmission problems b/c Chrysler can not build a trans that is worth the poop I leave in the toilet in the morning. Even better yet, fix the power steering, sell the car, and pick up something that may retain some residual value.... like a Honda.
Ahhhhhh, ignorance makes me laugh.

Can you explain to me why Chrysler is the ONLY auto manufacture to offer a LIFETIME powertrain warranty. Does that have something to do with the importance of quality you're B S ing about?

And WTF changes have everyone made except for Chrysler??? Probably just more of your BS.

Old 11-12-2007 | 10:06 AM

Chrysler offer's a lifetime warrenty because they are hurting, and that's one of their way's to make sales. The general publichas heard enoughto be affraid of Chysler's trannies, so they offer a lifetime powertrain warrenty to try to instill confidencs into potential buyers. This DOES NOT mean that their powertrains are better quality, it just means you are covered if it goes bad. The big tree are making strides to catch up to the quality of Japanese auto makers, but I don't think they are there yet. At the same time, I see Toyota with problems with a lot of their newer vehicles, are they getting too big to keep a close eye on everything? But still I will not buy an American car until they prove to me that they can equal Japanese quality and reliability...and that's not happened yet.

Old 11-12-2007 | 10:17 AM

Sounds like the PS pump is bad. The tie rods could be bent, but I think it's a bad pump or the rack is binding. I'm sure there is a forum for the Sebring.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Sebring Problem