Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Christmas Presents

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas Presents

So I know what I am getting for Christmas...Xbox 360 and the new Splinter Cell game![sm=happy046.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]
My step daughter wants the new game "Eragon", and Athena casually mentioned that she's glad she didn't buy it for the Xbox because it comes on the 360. I busted her on the spot!!! She won't give it to me early, though, so I have to wait. Also, I have to act excited when I open it, because my step daughter doesn't know that I know...you know? I got Athena a Sony hardrive video camera w/acc., and an Ipod shuffle for snowboarding. Anyway, what is on your guys wish list, or does anyone know (like me) what their big present is? How about the cool stuff you've gotten or are getting for your family?

Old 12-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Default RE: Christmas Presents

I bought myself a 52" HDTV. I need something to do considering its -13 with windchill here right now. GO VIKINGS!

Old 12-01-2006, 02:27 PM

I have no idea what I am getting, but I hope I get an new alarm, either Scorpio or Internatrix alarm for my bike, and the Telefonica kit for my bike. I hope anyways.

I know what I am getting my girlfriend though. She wants either Dior or Chanel sunglasses, some jeans, and a Down pillow(?!?!?!).And a few little items like Victoria's (not so) Secret gift card. I hate shpping in the malls so I do it from the comfort of my own home on the computer, haha. I can stand people in the malls around Holiday times.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:28 PM

^^^^^^^^^ did you get that TV from Wal-mart?? you know how they had that special offer a 52" RCA HDTV...i wsa in line but hey had run out they had 8 i was 12 that sucks.....anyways i dont know what im getting for xmas from family and others but what im buying myslef is ans engine cage for my bike....

Old 12-01-2006, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: telgren

I bought myself a 52" HDTV. I need something to do considering its -13 with windchill here right now. GO PACKERS!

Hey, I love the Packers too!!! HAHA, Go Pack Go (Yeah, I know they are sucking this year)

Old 12-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR
I hate shpping in the malls so I do it from the comfort of my own home on the computer, haha. I can stand people in the malls around Holiday times.
[sm=exactly.gif]
I have not set one foot in the mall or Walmart, and half of my shopping is done. Two years ago, on Christmas Eve, my VERY LAST nerve was shot. I was stopping at the grocery store, when a guy pulled into the parking spot I was sitting and waiting for. Needless to say, we nearly got in a fist fight, and I called him every explitive in the book and wished him cancer for Christmas. Since then, I have tried to stay away from the hussle and bustle of the late Christmas rush...I just can't handle it!

Old 12-01-2006, 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I hate shpping in the malls so I do it from the comfort of my own home on the computer, haha. I can stand people in the malls around Holiday times.
[sm=exactly.gif]
I have not set one foot in the mall or Walmart, and half of my shopping is done. Two years ago, on Christmas Eve, my VERY LAST nerve was shot. I was stopping at the grocery store, when a guy pulled into the parking spot I was sitting and waiting for. Needless to say, we nearly got in a fist fight, and I called him every explitive in the book and wished him cancer for Christmas. Since then, I have tried to stay away from the hussle and bustle of the late Christmas rush...I just can't handle it!

HAHA, that is exactly what I am talking about. It seems this time of year all of the impatient, dumba$$es come out of the woodwork and are always around "you/me" when I am trying to do something. Whether it is the people on the road getting there, the retards in the parking lot, or the people that cut you off in lines or run part you in a store and take off half of your elbow with their new tool box they just bought Dad and dont even say I'm sorry. I just get very short fused in stores around holiday times because O try to take the easy going approach and wont fight for a parking spot or will find something else if something is gone I was looking for, but it seems as if all of the other people around me are in such a hurry and that they are the only ones in the stores that are looking for and item, and if they see its its theirs. I remember last year I was at Macy's and I ran into jerk off twice in that store. First, I was picking my girlfriend up a pair of Paper.Denim.Cloth jeans and they were like the last pair on the rack, and I picked them up and turned around to walk away with them, and right as I started walking away with the pants, some lady grab the pants and said they were hers and she was buying them. I was like, it appears not because they are in my hand. She started pulling on them and a store clerk came over and pulled the lady off the jeans, and the same thing happened with some perfume I was getting her. I was like WTF. I just cant take the public anymore, haha. But hey, its always an experience if you do have to go to the stores. Atleast you can people watch, lol.
[sm=rant.gif]

Old 12-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Retired Moderator

At least you can people watch, lol.
Yeah, through a high powered scope!

Old 12-01-2006, 03:12 PM

These stories make me pissed just reading them! [:@] I try to as much shopping as i can online also...but sometimes you just cant beat Black Friday deals!
________
VAPORIZER VOLCANO

Last edited by Brandon77; 04-09-2011 at 03:47 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:45 PM

I stopped doing the black friday thing about 6 years ago. First you have to get up at an ungodly hour and then stand in line outside the store, then there's no guarantee that you'll get what you want then you have to stand in line for another hour or so just to check out not to mention all the people that are crammed into that little space trying to get around each other and like you mentioned trying to take your stuff. So I just decided that the amount of time and trouble you spend trying to save a few measly pennies or dollars isn't worth the stress of trying to beat everyone else to the punch. So, I just kick back and relax and work on my hobbies at home. I'd rather spend a little more and have more time. I'm not big on crowds anyway. Too much of a mob mentality. I'm considering celebrating christmas in like may or june to avoid the mayhem.
Anyway...I think my wife and I will take a trip for christmas. We both want to get away for a bit. Running a business is a lot of work!

Quick Reply: Christmas Presents