Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Chris Cornell

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chris Cornell

New album coming out!!! This dude isone of the best artists of his generation.Soungarden, Temple of the Dog,Audioslave, an amazing solo career. Just when you think he can't do anything new, he shifts shape again!

From the Real Rhapsody home page:
The Audioslave frontman ditches the hard rock in favor of a Timbaland-produced, Gnarls Barkley-esque form of solemn, electronic soul.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Chris Cornell

VOODOO OH HELL NOOOOOOOOOO! i cannot stand chris cornholes voice! i absolutely couldnt stand him when i heard him singing Rage songs (huge Rage fan!). he absolutely murdered the songs and had no buisiness what so ever attempting to sing Zachs lines. sure, i understand he had 75% of Rage behind him...........but the most important part....the insane vocals from Zach. Chris Cornells his voice causes me to feel ill [:'(]

Old 08-01-2008, 08:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaaHX...eature=related <- he absolutely MURDERED that song! oh, and for the record..........TOM MORELLO IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 08:28 PM

and voodoo, i KNOW you must be a Tom Morello fan.......

Old 08-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Retired Moderator

Jaybaby,

Bulls On Parade holds a special place in my heart. When my first son was born, I was Mr. Mom for his first three years. I watched him during the day, and went to school at night. When he was about three-ish, I would sing, "Rally round the family" and he would sing back to me, "with a pocket full of shey-ulls".

Chris Cornell is not a rapper, and nobody should EVER try to duplicate what Zack De La Rocha did. I will go further and say that Cornell is not a good l.ive singer, either, but his writing skills and studio singing skills are unmatched (IMO). I can't believe you don't l.ike him. Oh well, we all h.ave opinions...yours just sucks...hahahahahaha! [8D]

As far as Tom Morello goes, he is among my very favorite guitar players of all time! Hisrhythm guitar playing and "grooves" are INCREDIBLE!!! Then, he plays the best lead guitar that you h.ave ever heard. He does what I call "audio landscaping". A regular "butt rock" guitar player would play something with a million notes during a lead. Morello turns lead guitaron it's ear, and plays things that make you **** your head sideways. He is as original as they come. The only other guitar player that makes me tilt my head that way is Jeff Beck...Morello is in good company there!

Old 08-01-2008, 09:14 PM

hahaaha, i l-i-k-e-d Soundgarden...but cant stand much of his new stuff. i do l-i-k-e "doesnt remind me" though......but (imo) his voice all around sucks, lol. Im still holding my breath for a EAST COAST Rage re tour [X(]. Two bands i am dying to see and have yet to see......Rage Against the Machine and Mest (not a big band, so i'll add a link to a song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7AKX5EPuuc.....absolutely awesome band).

Old 08-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Registered Users

tom morello is great but john5 out does him any day of the week
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imnYOUT4G3w

Old 08-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Retired Moderator

John5 is rediculous!!! The videoyou posted has him playing a Fender Tele with Soap Bar pickups through a Marshall Caband ahead I am not familiar with. He gets a GREAT tone and does some CRAZY ****!!! I still l.ike Morello better. Morello does less "obvious" stuff. 5 is stupid good, and I have watched many of the videos that follow your original post. So...he is/was MM's guit player...he is going straight to hell. He must have gone down to the crossroads...

Old 08-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Registered Users

yeah he was with mm but is with rob zombie and has 4 solo albums there all crazy his signature telecaster is crazy
here's another one that got me sold on him being the best modern shredder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35uFA...eature=related