Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Chicken Strips

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:13 AM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deadsp0t
o and on the cover of a recent issue of super street bikes theres a tricked out Busa wearing the 005 shinko radials and the caption said something to the effect of for the traction and mileage the 005 radial is a great tire, on a 190hp+ bike no less.
Nobody has an issue with the speed rating, because that's in a straight line. Those of us who actually ride our motorcycles on the edges don't like how most Shinkos slide around ***** nilly. I'll stick with my 2CTs.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:19 AM

Yea but i have an issue about about people mix matching tires and thinking 9k miles commuting to work is experience on a shinko tire. Go ride around some twisties without being lowered and see how they feel then. You get what you pay for applies to motorcycle tires too.

Chicken strips is just a way for people to tell how bad your body position is. Unless of course your on the track and can actually wear the edges out and burn em

Old 08-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I Have huge chicken strips on all my bikes :P Houston is nothing but straight lines on the south side and I haven't gone to the track this year yet

Old 08-19-2009, 02:31 PM

Shinko's are definitely straight line tires only. I had a set once............. Never again!
I guess if you live in the flat lands or never leave town.... they may be ok..... but if you venture out onto some twisties with them, better wear your gear cause your gonna go down if you try to scrub those chicken strips.....

Old 08-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deadsp0t
my bike is slammed, so low the mid pipe drags on the right and the peg on the left. mine will never see a track, maybe, maybe a dragstrip, my ride is 80 miles round trip and my shinko 005 radial has almost 4k miles and has over half tread left on it, for a 100 bucks on a comuter the shinko is like a sore peter you can not beat it! the front is a michelin piolit2 i think. has over 2k miles and looks brand new so i guess it depends on how/where you ride. the bike had dunlops on it when i got it almost brand new ones and after 4500 miles they were dangerous to ride. in 10 months ive done roughly 9k miles, more then some in a life time no way iam spending 200-300 bucks per tire to ride to/from work.

o and on the cover of a recent issue of super street bikes theres a tricked out Busa wearing the 005 shinko radials and the caption said something to the effect of for the traction and mileage the 005 radial is a great tire, on a 190hp+ bike no less.
umm I pay just a lil over $300 a set for PP2CTs. wtf you been shopping for tires? But yea with your bikes setup, it wont matter what tire you use. Why ya ruin your bike like that for anyway??? j/k

Old 08-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can buy 2CT's for $300 from Montreal... but locally installed is $540. I brought a tire changer and run a mix of ordered tires and take offs.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by woot
I can buy 2CT's for $300 from Montreal... but locally installed is $540. I brought a tire changer and run a mix of ordered tires and take offs.
I dont trust take offs lol

Old 08-19-2009, 09:18 PM

I have take-offs from my race bike and no way would I use them for anything but straightline riding or stunting. Definately no twisty, why do you think I took 'em off?

Micheline Power One for track (and I get about 4 days out of 'em) and Pilot Powers 2CT for street (so far, about 4,000 miles).

My track bike loses it's strips after about 3 laps on a new tire. My street bike still has 'em. Sure, I get some wear to the edge so there's no "striping", but I'm talking total removal of all the arrows and the little Michelin men.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:06 PM

I used to always lose my chicken stripes on the street, then I crashed and now only do it on the track...

-Chad

Old 08-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends what take-offs you buy too... these are 10 lap tires - it would be the same as me running one track day session on them. Buying something with a full day on it that is chewed to hell... that'd be garbage

Quick Reply: Chicken Strips