Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cheating Spouse (hypotetical situation)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheating Spouse (hypotetical situation)

Ok i have a question for everyone on here, male and females. I ask this because it happened to a fellow soldier who is here in afghanistan with me. Alright here it goes. You've been over seas for only 5 months, and you find out that your wife had slept with someone else. And it just so happens that while she did it she got pregnant, but only a month into itfor what ever reason thedoctors had to stop the pregnancy. Then she ends up going to jail for 6 months due to some reason and theonly person to take care of everything back home is the guy she slept with. And the whole time shes in jail she writes you letters tellingyou how much she misses you and she loves only you and wants only you and that anything that had happened was a big mistake. What do you do? What would be your reaction?

Old 07-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cheating Spouse (hypotetical situation)

I spent 8 years on carriers, away from home 7 months at a time. The hell with her, she deserves NOTHING!

Old 07-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Registered Users

Good bye! ...that's all....

Old 07-07-2008, 10:39 AM

Ya - see ya

Old 07-07-2008, 10:39 AM

cheating....and jail time? WTF...id say see ya....

the only reason she's writing letters is, who the hell else is she gonna talk to...

Old 07-07-2008, 10:40 AM

Dump her...hard fast and cruel....

Old 07-07-2008, 10:40 AM

Tough call, most people say once a cheater always a cheater. I personally don't think it's true. Tough situation. I'm on the fence on this and it would depend a lot on the couple.

Can a marriage be fixed after such a betrayal? Certainly, but it requires an awful lot of work, stress, tears and a lot of time. IF it can be recovered, they may end up having the strongest relationship ever due to the resolve of the couple to fix the issues that may have lead to that point. Then again, their relationship may end up being broken forever and may not be worth the anguish. Again, it depends on the couple.

This doesn't mean that I condone cheating. I know that I have left someone in the past because they cheated on me (then rubbed it in) only to come back many months later saying that she has made a mistake. Grass is greener syndrome. I opted not to allow it to occur again by turning her away.

If it happened now...it really depends on the other person and the circumstances.

EDIT: For the most part I feel the best thing to do it is to part ways... BUT there is always at least one exception.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:00 AM

I'm sorry, but if my memory serves me correctlly, this girl of yours was the one who went psycho in the Hot wife thread and sounded extreemlly insecure. (Just checked...yeip looks to be the one! https://cbrforum.com/m_361872/mpage_70/key_/tm.htm
Page 70)

Unless you already have a child with this girl, why would you possibbly want to stay with her!? There are way too many other women out there to find than to devote your life to some gal like the one your explaining.

Also, women don't normally get pregnant on the first try so that alone tells you how faithful she's been. We all have out temptations, but if she was knocked up, that's a lot more than fooling around occasionally.None of this sounds good for a reason...she's a basket case section 8! Run!!!! Get away from her while you can! It will be well worth it later in life!

Old 07-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

A woman who truly loves you would never cheat on you ..they would wait for however long until you came home ... apart from the integrity issue aside how could you ever trust her again?? .. no ..just no!!
I could never cheat on someone ever!!

Loyalty and trust is all!!

Jules

Old 07-07-2008, 11:13 AM

She land in jail too, looks like she had a good wild time...
NOT WORTH YOUR TIME, MONEYAND LOVE DUMP HER FAST!! AND MOVE ON TO BETTER THINGS.

She does not love you, gets bored,f..ks somebody for fun and gets knocked up? wile you serve your country? she will do it every time that you are on call...

That's it see ya!!

[sm=violin.gif]

Quick Reply: Cheating Spouse (hypotetical situation)