Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

chaparrel motorsports screwed me

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chaparrel motorsports screwed me

While spending my vacation in Arizona the clutch in my bike started slipping... I placed an order to have a new clutch shipped to the vacation home in Lake Havasu City AZ. I waited for the part for six days then called to see where my order was.It is Chaparrels policy not to ship to an alternate address. They cancelled the order without contacting me at the phone number I provided. Now I don't have time to get the clutch from somewhere else before my vacation is over... **** you Chaparell. I will post on every forum I can find to let other potential customers decide if they like your policy.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:45 AM
RCR
Default RE: chaparrel motorsports screwed me

That sucks, They should of called you..

Old 03-16-2008, 11:00 AM

Yeah dude that is deffinetly B.S man sorry about the bad luck and poor customer service.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:18 AM

I am seeing more and more companies like that now. They claim it is for security reasons to make sure no one else is using your card or account, or what have you. It stinks when you need something while out of town though....

Old 03-16-2008, 11:22 AM

Screwed? You didn't bother to read their policies, or even ask before ordering if they could send it to a different address. That's 100% your fault. You can't slam a business because you didn't pay attention...

Old 03-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Banned

Man, I've been seeing a ton of these threads bashing this seller or that company...

You guys need to read before you buy. Ask all the questions you can and read read read!

There are a lot of online marketers who get back feedback because someone didn't read the rules. There is a thread in the 954 section where I went round and around with a member here bcause he is calling someone an a$$hole bcause they are blowing him off on a part he ordered...

A YEAR AGO! He was overseas, ordered it, came home a year later and it was the wrong part and now he's pissed and wants the seller to do something about it, lol.

Auctions, shops, online stores - Read their policies, folks! It only makes things more of a PITA when you don't.

The only thing I can say for you is they should have at least told you they cancelled the order. Really that's going beyond what they were supposed to do but it would have been nice.

Sorry you feel you've been screwed, Caveat emptor.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:47 AM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Screwed? You didn't bother to read their policies, or even ask before ordering if they could send it to a different address. That's 100% your fault. You can't slam a business because you didn't pay attention...

Exactly.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:52 AM

I have got to agree with the last few posts. It sucks that you wont get your part but that is their policy. If it became their policy immediately after you placed your order than I could understand your complaint. I guess it is ok to vent but why bash the company when it isnt their fault?

Old 03-16-2008, 11:55 AM

this thread is poised for disaster![sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 03-16-2008, 12:01 PM

not to start a fire in here, but really i dont think he should have to read, he bought it, he can decide where he wants it shipped. What if it was a gift he was ordering? He has to pay double shipping? I live in central IL 9 months out of the year though my billing address is 3 hrs north of here, and you better damn well believe if I order something it's getting shipped here. There is a reason why they ask you your billing address and then the "ship to" address when you order something online, and for someone to ask the shipping address and then refuse to follow it is bs.

Either way I'm sure everyone would agree, that they definitely should have CALLED HIM if they had to cancel the order. That is horrible customer service and I know I will not be buying from them

Quick Reply: chaparrel motorsports screwed me