Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Should the Man restrict driviers from using cell phones?
YES - they pose a safety hazard to everyone on the road
74.07%
NO - it infringes too much on personal freedom
14.81%
OTHER - explain in your post
11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Cell Phones while Driving

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Juat wondering if any of you who are so deadset against talking on cell phones while driving, hands-free or not, have ever talked to anyone in the same car as you while driving. Absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Juat wondering if any of you who are so deadset against talking on cell phones while driving, hands-free or not, have ever talked to anyone in the same car as you while driving. Absolutely no difference whatsoever.
I agree. I also agree that holding the phone and hands free is one in the same. I also hate the Gubberment telling us what to do. But I do think that if they are going to do something they should go all the way. Allow people to drive and talk or full ban.

I see way more people not on the phone driving like complete morons than I do on the phone. The ones on the phone are usually just driving too slow.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:55 AM

But I do think that if they are going to do something they should go all the way. Allow people to drive and talk or full ban.
Agreed, it needs to be an all or nothing. I think in my area you can't talk on the phone while driving until you're 18 which probably helps a little but not enough. It just seems like a half@ss attempt to address the problem while keeping EVERYONE happy.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff

I agree.

Look how well the law against drinking while driving works. How many accidents are caused by people who drink while driving? People are going to do it anyway, regardless of whether its illegal or not.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by nepa_jim
I agree.

People are going to do it anyway, regardless of whether its illegal or not.

well said well said

Old 10-12-2010, 09:06 PM

My personal opinion is cell phones and cars should be mutually exclusive, that is, if you're inside the car and car is in gear, phone should be disabled. I've been saying that for years and just recently saw that a company in Georgia is marketing a device that does just that. It's aimed at parents who want to keep their kids from talking/texting while driving.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nepa_jim
I agree.

Look how well the law against drinking while driving works. How many accidents are caused by people who drink while driving? People are going to do it anyway, regardless of whether its illegal or not.
Yeah & if the guy/girl gets caught, here at least they going to face a real sh*t storm. Even low range is enough for a fine & 6 months off the road. Cause an accident injure/kill someone & its serious jail time. Never going to stop people doing stupid things, its never that easy. But put in place laws & it may encourage a few not to take the risk, but the local pissant is still going to drive.
Same with Cell/mobile phones, most people would be happy just be able to take a call. But there are people out there that can't take a p*ss without texting or phoning someone about it, laws or not their still going to do it.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:38 PM

My job requires me to drive all day so the amount of people that I actually see distracted while driving while on cell phones is outrageous!! Somedays I count the number of people I see and the number I count is through the Fing roof!!!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:26 PM

i voted other, for the last two years ive full touch screen phones with no buttons. When i had button phones i remember i could send a text from my pocket without looking. YOu memorise were all the buttons are if just as effortless as driving. But now with this touch screen phones i have to divert attention off the road to text. I dont really do it anymore cause its not comfortable. or i pull over and text. But talking on the phone really doesnt distract me that much... i think its more texting :/

Old 10-13-2010, 01:11 AM

It should be legal to use a cell phone if you have a hands free device, but I think it needs to be stressed if your in traffic, you need to put the phone down and drive.

Quick Reply: Cell Phones while Driving