Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cell Phones

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cell Phones

I was driving to work the other day and what did I see? A guy on motorcycle talking a cell phone as he rode it.(no gear, but the phone)God... it's bad enough its seems like now days the only place to make a call is when you get into a car. I see it all the time when people get into the car is to start dialing on the phone. I never use my cell in the car. That why there is voice mail. I believe they should pass a law no phones in the car, and enforce it. Thousand dollar fines getting caught. They say the police need funds otherwise the services with have to cut back. To me it seem a good way to get their heads back on to driving and watching for motorcycles. What do you think?

Old 06-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Default RE: Cell Phones

Uh, yea that guy is stupid....but a thousand dollar fine for using a 50 dollar device(price of the average phone with a 2 year contract) thats excessive. The cops already do what they want when it comes to ticketing and citations...don't add to it. Up the test at the drivers license center and institute a retest every couple years or so

Old 06-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have laws about using mobile (cell) phones in cars, with fines etc, but it makes sod all difference & you see it happening all the time. At least now many people are using bluetooth. Not that it makes it less safer. I have a mobile phone, somewhere, but don't use it much at all.
Our state government is getting very draconian though, about to introduce laws that you can't smoke while driving as well.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:39 PM

Well for me the idea would to get people to think.(not important enough to drive and talk on the phone) Itsnot a cost of the phone.If the fine is lower than that they would still use the phone.

Exsample: When I got caught doing alittle over the speed limit...My bad..(let's just say 120 mph) My ticket was close to 400 and that back in 92. Which also costed me my bike, and wasn't able to get another till 4 years ago. Otherwise I couldn't getinsurance. I wasn't going to pay 2000 a year for the insurance. Three years I would have paid more for insurance than buying a the bike. I learned for my stupidness. (now wiser and older) LOL

Old 06-22-2008, 05:41 PM

I would go with that one too. I have been hit with their throw out the window. I would just like to follow one something and throw it back in their face.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:28 PM

We have a cell phone ban while driving law coming into effect on July 1st here in California. I can't imagine somebody using the cell while on a bike. How do you even do that? It must involve a lot of switching the phone around or something.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FFCBRf4i

We have a cell phone ban while driving law coming into effect on July 1st here in California. I can't imagine somebody using the cell while on a bike. How do you even do that? It must involve a lot of switching the phone around or something.
There a few options available now, Ive got a Nolan helmet that have a thingo you install your bluetooth http://ncom.nolan.it/Index_ENG.aspx, there are a few stand alone gizmos out there that do the same thing. But why would you want to talk to or receive a call while riding?
Wot gets me is that if car drivers installed a hands free system then no worries, but 3/4 of call these days a friggin text messages.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:10 PM

^ I know and I'm well aware of what you're talking about. There's also the Chatterbox, but what I meant was like holding a flip phone while riding and not wearing a helmet.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:20 PM

Cops arnt the ones that decide how much a ticket cost. They're just the ticket dealers.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

hehe when im at a light and i notice my phone go off i pull it out stick it inside my helmet, it fits quite nicely i close the visor and i can talk just fine =p

Hands free!! =p

Quick Reply: Cell Phones