Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cell Phone's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cell Phone's.

dude.. like i said.. just keep your svc.. get a phone with arai cellular.. they sell unlocked phones to be used on any network..

its the ****..

i love mine.. i have att and i got the moto rizr programmed to full rate.. and my reception and svc is sick..

Old 01-23-2008, 07:38 PM

and i have lived all over this country.. and att has the best overall svc..

Old 01-23-2008, 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

this is also what i do for a living, i work for sprint, and one of my best friends works for verizon, and another for ATT i get the stories from each carrier. like i said it depends on your area as to the best service, in toledo ATT is by far the worst for dropped calls, everyone here has sprint or verizon, not saying any carrier sucks more than another, its just always what works best for that person in the area they will be making most calls from
it's cool man I wasn't negating the carriers you recommended, I was just making sure you guys saw the "get of jail free" card for Sprint in January... I have helped several of my customers out of their contracts with Sprint just to get them to activate with T-Mobile because it was the better carrier for them... I've also done it for several relatives...

If I was going to get service today, knowing what I know about cell phones and companies, I wouldn't get a cell phone.

just gotta watch with the get out of contract free thing because generally when they change the T&C, onceyou pay that bill that that changes are on, then you have agreed to your charges. mostly so people dont come in liek 6mos after the fact, who have been payin it each month tryin to opt out at no charge. at least thats how it worked when the text rate changed.

and yea knowing what i know about cell phones after working in wireless, they are all greedy, and really all carriers suck, its just a lesser of the evils at the time. but what can ya do its a part of life now, something most people cant live without.[:@]

how many mintes are you lookin for psycojester? when i priced out the helios its was like 450anytime min, with unlimited everything (text, web access, gps,) for $70 a month.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Verizon here, no complaints. I think they are all overpriced, but heck, what ya gonna do.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Retired Moderator

I just got a Verizon broadband card for my computer. We get Rev A in three weeks in my area. I used my new card in their "service" area and it is amazing! It is faster than the Wi-fi at my office. I would love to see what they could do with cell phones. Unfortunately, I have Sprint for the next two years...not to jack the thread (okay I am jacking the thread), but am I screwed, Veeps?

T-mobile, and Verizon seem like they are the ****. I had AT&T, and they rocked. I would guess it depends on your cell towers. In Southern Oregon, we are the last to get cell tower lovin'.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:30 PM
VP

just gotta watch with the get out of contract free thing because generally when they change the T&C, onceyou pay that bill that that changes are on, then you have agreed to your charges. mostly so people dont come in liek 6mos after the fact, who have been payin it each month tryin to opt out at no charge. at least thats how it worked when the text rate changed.
your absolutely right... this particular case works only in the month of January... after January or before you pay your bill for january...

DISCLAIMER: If you actually want to do this then you have to call customer care and have the customer service rep tell you whether or not you qualify... if you do then you HAVE to have it noted on your account before you go cancelling service then blaming me for your $759 bill...

Unfortunately, I have Sprint for the next two years...not to jack the thread (okay I am jacking the thread), but am I screwed, Veeps?
Haha way to skip over all the other posts... lol but no you MAY BE ABLE TO cancel sprint right now without being charged termination fees through the month of January by mentioning the information in the article I posted on page 1... and do yourself a favor and just PM me if you need more details

Old 01-24-2008, 11:42 AM

I just called sprint and changed to the seasonal plan that means you are charge just 5.99 a month but you cant use your phone. It beats paying 250 cancelation fee. I just went to T-Moble. You can keep that plan for only 6 months. you said your contract is up in 2-3 months so do it now!!!!