Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cell phone suggestions - Verizon

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R Dub
You have got to be kidding me right. Lets face it. The iPhone is junk. Many people have switched to it. I am currently rocking the Droid X2 and love it. My brother has the Bionic and it is pretty bada$$ and it's only then engineering model so the one you buy at the store will be even better.
From my experience the only people who "hate" the iphone are people who cant use an iPhone because of business purposes or because they can't afford the phone/monthly charges.

And again as far as Droids, they just came out with Bionic, so again your phone is obsolete.

At least with the iPhone they come out with almost quarterly updates with new features/fixes, and a yearly/biyearly major update that makes you feel like you have a new phone all over again. Some of the droid phones might look cooler, but do not have the software backing the iPhone has.

Plus, read up on ios5. Nothing can come close to this.Apple - iOS 5 - 200+ new features for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:47 PM

Edit: this is a highly abused topic, so i wont waste my time.

Last edited by txsmainevent; 09-15-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Banned

What he said

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-15-2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: removed quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:59 PM

Haha, well I feel the need to go watch my Verizon Fios TV or perhaps play on my PS3 after this thread.

Any other constructive arguments? I'll check out the Vigor. but am leaning towards the bionic

Old 09-15-2011, 01:01 PM
October 2011 ROTM

I fixed it for ya

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-15-2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: quote removed
Old 09-15-2011, 01:09 PM

But in all seriousness before I get banned: I could care less about either one. I defend iPhone because of all the sh*t non-iPhone users give us. I dont have a iPad, and hate iTunes. I have a iPhone, i bought it cause again it was easy to use. I thought it looked cool. Who knows, when upgrade time comes I might end up having something else. If anything I prefer Blackberry over the 2. As long as the call and messaging part work im good. The apps that are on the phones are more of a luxury. Who really really needs the apps?! What does the phone do that my laptop, or a sheet of paper/pencil (calculator, notepad) cant do. Americans are lazy, you know why? because of iPhone/Android/Blackberry. We like "shortcuts".

360 hasnt been hacked before.......so again F*ck PS3. PS2 FTW.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:12 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by kazspeed
From my experience the only people who "hate" the iphone are people who cant use an iPhone because of business purposes or because they can't afford the phone/monthly charges.

And again as far as Droids, they just came out with Bionic, so again your phone is obsolete.

At least with the iPhone they come out with almost quarterly updates with new features/fixes, and a yearly/biyearly major update that makes you feel like you have a new phone all over again. Some of the droid phones might look cooler, but do not have the software backing the iPhone has.

Plus, read up on ios5. Nothing can come close to this.Apple - iOS 5 - 200+ new features for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
I know many people who hate the iphone who are/were iPhone users. I'm sure you will find people who hate android devices who are/were android users. I have had a Droid for a couple years now and love it and would never switch to an iPhone. You're right they did just come out with the Bionic so you could say my phone is obsolete but I don't see it that way. I'm not rushing out to get the Bionic and I am very satisfied with my current phone. Not every Droid takes over for the previous one. For example the Droid 3 does not take over for the Droid X2. They are 2 different phones. Just cause it has the name Droid in it doesn't mean it is a successor to another Droid. Apple has done a lot of things right but they do a lot of things wrong and a lot of people ( I don't mean you Kazspeed, I just mean in general) are stuck so far up Apples a$$ that they can't see the things Apple does wrong. I think if people would educate themselves they would see there are better products out there than the iPhone and iPad. Once again this is not a insult to anyone in particular.

I don't want this to turn into a iphone/droid thread because we have too many of those and in the end there is no clear answer...Besides Droid of course.

Nate I am very happy with the Droid X2 and have had 0 issues with it. That is my 2 cents.

Last edited by R Dub; 09-15-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:12 PM

I have a blackberry bold that I would never get rid of for work. Blackberry is by far the best business phone. If nothing more for the quality keyboard. I can fire off 10 emails before I could get 1 off on my droid / iphone whatever.

I also have an ipod touch that I use, which is essentially an iphone without the calling ability. Especially after having that i'd never switch from a verizon android phone of some sort.

Although I do like my touch fairly well. The simplicity of adding movies to it for flights is nice.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Banned

I'll admit...I have in iPhone 4, Macbook Pro, and an iPad. I like the simplicity of their products, the major updates they offer, and with ios5 coming the ability for all of these to talk seamlessly together through the cloud.

End of threadjacking. Proceed.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:12 PM
August 2011 ROTM

iphone

Quick Reply: Cell phone suggestions - Verizon