Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cell phone laws

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cell phone laws

Using a cell phone while driving is still legal in my state (altho the bill is brought up in the legislature every year), but i know there are several states that already have laws limiting cell phone usage in the car. What are the limitations in your state, and do you see any improvement in driver awareness as a result?

Old 02-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cell phone laws

Love the helmet decal... do you sell those?

In Virginia, I've been told it's mandatory that you use hands free devices (head set or speaker phone). I've never seen it written so I don't know if it's law.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Retired Admin

Kudos as well, great decal! No laws in Maine yet.....Of course most of us are hanging on while sliding on the ice and not even bothering with our cell phones!! LOL [8D]

Old 02-17-2006, 12:42 AM

I don't think it's the cell phones that are the problem, I think some people just can't drive.

Old 02-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

sure; i could sell those.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:53 PM

no laws in louisiana, its a huge problem in my own personal opinion. EVERYONE is on their cell on the interstate, reactions are delayed, lots of sudden braking, nobody checks mirrors, or uses blinkers, pretty much i stay as far from any car as i can

Old 02-21-2006, 08:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Repsol1

I don't think it's the cell phones that are the problem, I think some people just can't drive.

yup, especially soccer moms in suvs [>:]

Old 02-21-2006, 08:40 PM

No law in CO. Thankfully.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:38 PM

cell phones aren’t the problem actually the human mind is. The human brain has 2 parts when processing. The subconscious and conscious thought process, the subconscious can do many things at once but nothing reliably the conscious thought process runs at about 13 bits per second and is very reliable BUT the catch it you can only do one conscious thing at a time……and guess what that is when you talking on your cell phone, yeah not driving…..infact can you even remember how many red lights you hit on the way to work this morning or how many times you put on your turn signal… how many cars you passed(all of them heheheh) of course not your mind was somewhere else and subconsciously you were driving… so get off the damn phone or take some subconscious driving classes (lol)

Old 02-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Retired Administrator

Speak for yourself... my brain has been updated to hyper threading. I can process many things at once.

Just kidding, you're are so right. That's one of the reasons I like to take my bike every where... it keeps me awake. When I have to drive my cage to work.... I never remember any of the drive. When I ride in.... (which is always) I always have constant reminders of my trip in through out the day for co-workers. Some one will walk up to me and ask if I was in a hurry.... I always respond with "No... why?" 80 and 90 in our bikes feels like 40 and 50...

Quick Reply: Cell phone laws