Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

cbrf gun owners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah im into more tactical looking pieces like the hk and sigs....ive always had a thing for them. Glocks are just function over form but like you said theres so many choices that are just as reliable soo thats not as big of an issue anymore.

Unfortunately obtaining a ccw in nj is probably slightly easier than going to space. From the quick research ive done you need to get the local police chief to sign off on it and have a valid reason to carry one blah blah blah so im just looking for something to have and take to the range....unless i can come up with a good excuse to convince the local pd to give me a ccw permit. Any ideas?

Old 10-22-2010, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
I actually hate the way glocks look. But their reliability / accuracy / ease of use and cleaning. Plus they feel GREAT in the hand.
Yeah ive been looking into both a lot and everything i read and all the comparisons ive seen say the sig 226 is just as reliable and accurate so im gonna have to see which one feels better. PLus the SEALs have been using the 226 for years so im sure theres a reason for that.
This bouncers at this bar at my school all carry for some reason and have tactical leg holsters and what not like theyre blackwater wannabes. But one has a 226 that ive talked to about a few times and he loves it and has recommended it over everything else hes shot soo thats where im kind of leaning

Old 10-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with Sigs, especially since they cleared up their rust issues from a few yrs back. They're accurate, reliable from what I've seen and heard, and have some cool features.
I'd also look at the 229. Almost exactly the same gun as the 226, but slightly smaller. I have a friend who is big into sigs. Well, he's not really a friend... more of a d-bag... lol.. but at least he got something right by liking sigs.
They are a little expensive, though. Online retailers are better than stores, but still a couple hundred more than the xd's, glocks, m&ps, etc.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:55 PM

yeah ive looked into the 229 but again im in nj so its not gonna be a carry weapon so i dont need something that compact since size wont be an issue. Plus i wouldnt mind the longer barrel

Old 10-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother has a Glock (4) 22. its pretty sweet, i need more practice with handguns though....i couldnt hit **** out at the range my first time with it though...

Old 10-24-2010, 02:27 AM

Has previous posts have said, go touch and feel some. I carry a Glock 19. Love it, perfect for comfortable carry and big enough to fit my hands.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:01 PM

I own a p226 and a p229. The 226 is a better shooter, but the 229 is easier to conceal.

I don't like Glocks (or any other polymer framed pistol) in .40. .40 is a high pressure round and the recoil can be a bit snappy. I prefer a pistol with a little weight to it. Also if you are unfortunate enough to have a kaboom, a steel frame will give you better protection.

In my opinion, polymer guns are best in 9mm. But that's just me.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:15 PM

I picked out a pretty little pink and grey thing a couple years ago, but not an owner

Old 10-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Talking

I picked up a couple of new old revolvers today. They are only 38 specials, that could not hit the broad side of a barn. Since we have enough threads on the personal protection, and I am not going to show you what you will see when you come through the window. You will see that in person.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:32 PM

I am also a gun nut i work at a gun shop/shooting range i have my NC cch permit and i have 3 carry guns that i rotate through Glock 19 9mm, CZ 75 P0-1 9mm, or my Beretta 92FS compact also a 9mm. I am also a certified Glock armorer, lifetime member of the NRA, have a lifetime full sportsman hunting license, and two big safes full of guns too many to list. if any of yall need any gun info just send me a pm or stop by Firepower inc. in Matthews NC

Quick Reply: cbrf gun owners?