Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

cbr owners in Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cbr owners in Michigan

jjkukla- Small world. I live in Iron Mountain. I don't know anyone around here who rides a sportbike. Everyone I know owns a Harley. So it is usually just me out bummin around town. Up the highway, through Niagara to Florence on the one halfway twisty road I know of with decent blacktop, and back into town. Know of any good roads to ride?

Old 08-07-2006, 10:32 AM

Damn, that's too bad bro. I was only there for a few years (like I said before) so most of the time I rode solo as well. I did meet up with a few guys, who are pretty crazy I must say, and I rode with them once or twice. There's a guy (Shane) who rides a Gixxer 1000, he works at the waste water plant (near the bridge into Aurora). Another guy (John I think) works at the 10 minute oil change next to Dairy Queen. He rides a blue 600rr.

Dude, as far as roads go, you've gotta take Highway 70 from Florence out to Tipler. Brand new asphalt a couple years ago, couple nice curves in there. Then once you get to Tipler you can either turn around and head back or go on up to Iron River. From there I have taken Old US-16 (aka Federal Forest Highway 16, which is a few miles west of Iron River) up to Kenton, very nice stretch of road but make sure you're fueled up! Then along 28 to Covington, back through Crystal Falls, and so on.

If you're up for a little shorter ride, Foster City Road is nice. Just head past Waucedah then up Foster City Rd. to M-69, then west back to M-95.

Other than those few, I couldn't tell ya. The roads are rather lame up that way... the snow and ice does a number on the asphalt!

Old 08-10-2006, 06:46 AM

Anyone in or near Davison??? Fellow CBR rider. PM me

Old 08-10-2006, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: montecarl33
Anyone in or near Davison??? Fellow CBR rider. PM me
I believe Tre CBRF4i lives in/near Davison. I am up in Montrose... not too far from there. A few of us might be riding up to Old Orchard Park this weekend (Saturday). For those that don't know where Old Orchard is, it's just a little west of Oscoda on the Au Sable River - it's a really big campground. I plan on staying there Saturday night (mom's b-day on Sunday and she has a camper there) but the others plan on heading back to Clio on Saturday night.

If anyone is interested, just post here. We'll prob leave the Clio area around noon or so. It's a couple hour ride... depending on the route.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:51 AM

Yeah, man always looking for riding buddy's in the flint area. I will get back with you, but I might have to tag along on that ride. More than a few hours isnt it? Montrose isnt that far away from where I reside. Email me with some details. I will probley be game for the Sat ride.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:50 PM

Sorry montecarl33, the ride was this PAST Saturday.

At any rate, you're all lucky you didn't come up with me. Witnessed a fatal motorcycle accident in Au Gres. NOT WHAT I HAD IN MIND THIS WEEKEND. Actually I didn't see the guy get hit, lots of cars in front of me, but I saw him lying in the grass. I was the 3rd or 4th person to reach him but he was already gone. I covered him with my jacket until someone brought a blanket. EMT's couldn't revive him... I left shortly after they put him in the ambulance.

Talk about a long ride the rest of the way... and then back home yesterday.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:35 AM

Well, ****. Kinda disapointed that I missed a ride, but it doesnt sound like you guys had any fun. Seeing that kinda stuff scares the sh** out of you sometimes. Saw someone at the Stewart Cruise (Dort HWY) a few years ago racing a mustang with what looked to be a GSXer 750. The guy lost it and went down and everyone scatered. I dont believe the guy made it. That **** kinda makes you think to pay attention to all the other a**holes out there who dont pay attention to you. Anyways anyone who is doing some riding in my area (Flint/Davison), hit me up.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:31 AM

where is the royal oak bike night at

Old 08-16-2006, 12:56 AM

^^
http://sbw.sportbikes.com/forumdispl...s=&forumid=256
check out this site. local mi riders

we/redline meet at the BP on mound rd north of I696 at 6:30 and leave for RO at 7pm. then we park at the bank (in their teller drive ways) across the street from Mr.B's.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:40 AM

Hopefully I will be out there is coming thurs. Its a gathering right, or do you guys do some riding?

Quick Reply: cbr owners in Michigan