Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

CBR FORUM fantasy football smack talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fantasy Footballers...

yeah, it looks like it is set up for a live draft. The date and time was not selected though. I would vote for a day during the week midday. That's just me cause I am behind this computer all day. What does everyone else think? I forgot when we did it last year.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:48 PM

Hayden, am I still in? My email is jayfunks@gmail.com, and you can send the league invite there...

I am down for the live draft like we did with baseball this year...I think a weeknight would work best for me as well...I have at least 4 other live drafts Labor Day weekend so that seems out for me...may I suggest Aug 26 or 27 or Sept 2 or 3 as the date to hold the draft?

My team will be "Off In The Woods," just in case, for some fluke, I should lose to Voodoo, then he can brag that he beat "off in the woods" lol

EDIT: I'd also be down with throwin' in $20...who is holding onto the money? I'll hold it if you'd like...I run a few money leagues for baseball and football and never had any problems...just a suggestion. I also have a Paypal account for easy transfer.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Retired Moderator

Hayden,

Tenneshe has been posting lately, and I told him to email/pm you to get in, if there is still room.

Funk...your team name should be:"Off In The Woods"...spanking the hog to The Fudgerammer's awesomeness.

As far as the money goes, if you guys trust me, I have a Paypal account that I will use as the "bank". My postwhorishness (my own word)implies that I am not going anywhere. If you do not want to put up $20, I am sorry that you think Starbucks is more important that a Gentleman's bet. The price of gas is going down, and you should be able to save a few dollars a week...unless you are incapable of managing a few dollars a week.

Dluv...I am calling you out for the first week. I willsmoke your ***, and will wager a "humility banner" on it. If I win, I get to bust you up and you have to post a weeks worth of whatever banner I decide for you. If you win, I will make a banner (and wear it for a week), to satisfy anything you want to embarrass me with. Don't dissapoint me.

So, Cartmang...you decided to give up on the Yankees? That is what I deduce from your name change. Please don't ever become a fan of me, because I can't count on you.

One last thing, bitches:

Name:  angryhobo.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  48.3 KB

Old 08-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

OK i vote for Voodoo holding the cash, he is a moderator and will be around i wouldthink.

I vote for live draft, weekday great, anything but laborday weekend.

I also think it should be paid by week 2 at the latest. I have ran into too many guys who lose at the end and dont pay up. Pay by week 2 or you are out of the prize pool.

Do we have a 12th team yet? lets pick one and get goin eh

Old 08-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Retired Moderator

I also vote for a live draft...it was hard to do last year, but we did it. I would like to have as much notice as possible so I can either take the day off, or call in sick. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the best for me because I am not in the office those days. If it needs to be any other weekday, I have to take time off. What abouta weekend? Is that possible?

Old 08-16-2008, 02:22 PM

Sr. Fudgerammer, IT IS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the losing banner you will be sporting, I would like to see you behind a huge fat chick with a quote that has something to do with you telling your mom(grandmother, sister, whomever)to keep her head facing forward, it will all be over in a week! Or maybe her behind you?!

I am not sure about the money thing. It may sound weird, but I do not pay any bills online nor do I have a paypal account.I am really against any kind of banking over the internet. Sorry if this causes a problem, but I have had identity theft and it sucks hard *****. I still fight with people about it and it still affects my credit.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Retired Moderator

VDluv...Ohhhh!!! You made me cringe, dude, and that is a unique thing for me. Hahahaha...it is so on. I have to dream up your consequence for challenging my superiority. It is like lions in a pride...the alpha does not take any crap from the subordinates. I will keep you posted.

On the $ note...I understand. If you have had an ID theft, you probably want to stay away from online anything to do with money. Paypal is wicked safe, but I get it. I have people at my work that will not give me their driver's liscence and decide not to rent equipment because of ID theft. We will remove your $ from the pool and you will not be eligible if you win for anything but a handshake...more money for me!!!

Old 08-16-2008, 08:02 PM

I appreciate it.

A hand shake I will take, an A$$ whooping I will give!

Old 08-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

For the sake of saying it, if Dluv wants to send you a money order or something Voodoo i dont care. If he wins you can just deposit the Paypal and cut him a check. That is if he wants and you dont mind the hassle.

I prefer taking $ over a handshake

Old 08-18-2008, 08:32 AM

sorry for being so in and out guys, but the site sucks so bad i dont like coming here anymore....that being said, once its fixed i will be here hourly in full force. Tenneshe played with us last year and PMed me, so i guess by default we have to give him the last spot......

Quick Reply: CBR FORUM fantasy football smack talk thread