Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Car Shopping

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:40 AM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Shopping

So a friend of mine and I go out car shopping the other day...he's looking at F150s (work truck)...

We're out on the lot looking at trucks when the salesman comes running up. Literally RUNNING (biz must be bad these days). After about 15 minutes of BS he finally says so "how much do you want to spend" and my friend says $24k MAX. So the guy straight up says "well you can't afford this then". Now keep in mind, the truck we're looking at has been on the lot for over 6 months. He told us that. The sticker was like $28k.

Anyways, the best part is yet to come. So the next thing he asks is, "instead of us lowering the price for this truck, how would you like to make more money?" ....

LoL this stupid sonuvabitch starts selling us on his pyramid scheme he's involved in selling "All natural energy drinks"... tries to get us to into the dealership to try out some of it in his office...He had no freakin intention of talking about this truck. So we're both lookin at each other like this guys farkin crazy and we just tell him to get the hell away from us before we go inside and help get him fired. NOW he gets all defensive like "I'm just trying to help you out" but he could tell the damage was done. before we knew it he was getting paged over the intercom and on his way back inside.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Car Shopping

Thats funny as hell, you really should go back today and get him fired tho. Just think how much more money he can make if he's not tied down to selling cars all day. You would be doing HIM a favor

Old 06-25-2008, 09:58 AM

[:@]

Old 06-25-2008, 12:41 PM

Wow. I actually feel kinda sorry for the guy. I mean, seriously, how sad is that!

Old 06-25-2008, 01:09 PM

wow, id seriously walk my *** in the dealership and get that guy fired asap. and then by the truck from this manager.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:15 PM

what kind of energy drink was he selling?

Old 06-25-2008, 01:57 PM

You should have threatened to get him fired if he didn't sell that truck to your friend for a good price!

Old 06-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Sounds like he was working for Quixtar, probably selling "XS" energy drinks. Quixtar is the sister company of the famous Amway. It's very very similar to a pyramid scheme, definitely shady about some aspects, but there IS money to be made there....assuming, of course, that you have the money to spend the the TIME TIME TIME to put into it.

-Adam

Old 06-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Retired Moderator

If holmes was selling Powerthirst, then you guys just lost out on a big time opportunity!!! Your loss...

Old 06-26-2008, 11:31 PM

you guys should check out dodge! I'm not sure if you're friend doesn't want a dodge or anything... but about 2 weeks agowe got a truck from dodge... a Ram 1500 quad cab with a hemi and all the goods... for basically 20k before ttl... and sticker price was about 33k..they're really trying to get rid of these things! They would only drop to 24k at first and we said we'd only do 21k...and they came back with 20k somehow.. i didnt question it haha

Quick Reply: Car Shopping