Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Car Pool Lane

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007 | 06:35 PM
Default Car Pool Lane

So I rode my bike to work the other day, then had to go to a recruiting event wearing a suit so I switched out and drove my cage. I got on teh freeway and immediately went into the car pool lane, about 5 mins later i realized i was in my cage and couldn't be driving in teh HOV lane. Anyone else ever do this? I felt like a idiot.

Old 09-22-2007 | 07:24 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Car Pool Lane

nope...

but it's ok man you had an excuse , sudden removal from ones bike can cause temporay disorientation and feelings of inadaquency ... treatment its a good solid 300 mile trip to make up for this porblem. the treament makes up for the problem

Old 09-22-2007 | 07:47 PM

what's car pool lane and HOV lane?

Old 09-22-2007 | 07:53 PM

in most areas on a major highway around a major city where theres alot of traffic, they have a carpool or HOV(high occupancy vehicle) lane...this lane is to encourage people to carpool instead of driving alone...and access to this lane is limited to motorcycles(1or 2up)(in most states), cars with more than one person, and (in some states) alternatiely fueled cars(hybrid, bio diesel, electric) even with one person...

the idea is to reward those not traveling in regular fueled cars alone(using alot of gas) by allowing them access to their own lane to travel(usually) faster than rush hour traffic

Old 09-22-2007 | 07:56 PM

ORIGINAL: ikhoudvanu199

in most areas on a major highway around a major city where theres alot of traffic, they have a carpool or HOV(high occupancy vehicle) lane...this lane is to encourage people to carpool instead of driving alone...and access to this lane is limited to motorcycles(1or 2up)(in most states), cars with more than one person, and (in some states) alternatiely fueled cars(hybrid, bio diesel, electric) even with one person...

the idea is to reward those not traveling in regular fueled cars alone(using alot of gas) by allowing them access to their own lane to travel(usually) faster than rush hour traffic
nope none of that in MI [:-]

then again we have no emmission reqs either :P

Old 09-22-2007 | 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: halik008

ORIGINAL: ikhoudvanu199

Our state is also in a big budget crisis because it can't understand basic principles of business and economics. Love the state. Hate what's happening to it.

Old 09-22-2007 | 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: halik008

Ha, must be nice. Here in CO they put up these emission testing trucks all over the place. They have a pollutant sensor and a camera to get your license plate. They put em on steep hills too so they get your cage when its really working hard.

Old 09-22-2007 | 10:13 PM

Yup being able to ride in teh car pool lane is awesome. Especially in LA...there's traffic at all hours

Just glad i didn't get caught, i think the fine is up to $341 or something like that

Old 09-23-2007 | 01:16 AM
Retired Moderator

HAHA! My car has had it's transmission blown for a month now (waiting for the Student Loans to fix her up), but I've been riding my bike only for the past month. I drove my roommates Tahoe and I almost ran everyone over on the sidewalk. Compared to my bike, that thing felt like it was 19-feet wide!

Old 09-23-2007 | 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

nope...

but it's ok man you had an excuse , sudden removal from ones bike can cause temporay disorientation and feelings of inadaquency ... treatment its a good solid 300 mile trip to make up for this porblem. the treament makes up for the problem
My first experience with disorientation was after my first time in the saddle at the MSF course. 6 hours of riding around, I hopped into my Focus (manual Trans) and had to take some time to recall the controls. I've been driving stick for 15 yrs and I was still screwed up.

Quick Reply: Car Pool Lane