Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Car insurance issues regarding SR-22

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car insurance issues regarding SR-22

Last edited by bigjoe87865; 08-25-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Default RE: Car insurance issues regarding SR-22

You can specifically get an sr-22 from any agent, however you usuall get a discount from where you have you insurance through. Dont know who you have but Allstate and GMAC have fairly good rates when an SR22 comes into play as well as normal coverage. But in some states if you prove you have full covereage you dont have to carry, but in most you do.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:40 PM

I have dealt with the SR-22 bs and it's not all that hard to deal with. I don't understand why your agent would say that they can't provide a SR-22? Are you sure that they understand what your asking for? All that I ever did was let my agent know that I need one and they take care of the rest free of charge. As for rates and companies to go with, take your local phone book and start from the top in the yellow pages. I'm insured thru a smaller company and the're rates beat out every large company around.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:24 PM

I would be screaming at your agent by this time, you paid for your insurance, thus you have insurance, you need proof that you have insurance therefor your agent should have no trouble providing a proof of insurance to anyone you need to. Sounds like your dealing with some real dumb-asses, where are you located?

Old 10-24-2007, 03:26 PM

Something sounds fishy then, they should have no problem providing something so common. I'd go over their heads and try and contact someone in the corporate structure. Go the the statefarm website and see if you can find a contact that involves SR-22s or proof of insurance. Might even help you get a lower rate for their ****ty customer service...speaking of that, are you sure that you will want to go with a company that is giving you such a hard time all ready?

Seriouslly, look up some local providers in the yellow-pages, the small time guy will look into multiple insurance companies and get you the cheapest rate that he/she can find for you. Insurance isn't cheap so I'd be giving that a try if I were you. In fact, I'm in the middle of changing "companies" with the help ofmy agent. I was with "Mandota" and am now going to "Viking" http://www.vikinginsurance.com/FindAnAgent.aspx. Try this link and call the number provided and see if this can help. Worse case you will still go with statefarm.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:28 PM

Call again and ask for another person. They obviously don't know what they are talking about.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:31 PM

I have done about 5 online quotes... they all either... came back with "we are unable to provide coverage for individuals that require a financial responsibility form (sr22) ".... state farm said the same also

or they are crazy expensive at around 3000 for 6 months

Old 06-08-2009, 04:42 AM

Can't imagine that statefarm won't provide the SR22 if you need it. Don't know anything about this insurance company but this seems very strange. I needed the SR22 once and had no problem at all. Contacted my local insurance company and they even sent it for me. Probably you have to be careful when getting a car insurance contract since some companies really seem to have a bad customer service.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:28 AM

I had to file for my sr-22 in result of a DUI. I am covered by progressive insurance and pay $2,400 for full coverage on my F4i. You will need to file for it on your motorcycle only if you do not already have it on your car insurance. In my case the F4i is my only form of transportation so i had to.

Quick Reply: Car insurance issues regarding SR-22