Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Can you get a ticket for...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you get a ticket for...

Parking two bikes in one parking spot that has a coin meter?

Also is it proper etiquette to park your bike in the same spot as some one else's bike that you dnt know? If there is room of course lol

Old 08-18-2011, 07:52 AM

I'm in Florida btw if it matters

Old 08-18-2011, 07:54 AM

I'd never park my bike in a spot with someone else's whom I don't know. But that's just me.
If someone did it to me, as long as he left ample room for me to get out / not to close to my bike etc I don't think I would mind, but I wouldn't do it myself.

If where you live is anywhere like the DC metro area, both bikes would probably get tickets just because they can. Damn parking meter maids.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:58 AM

I though about that, I wouldn't mind if I had room to get out. But I guess if the guy left room for two bikes maybe it's because his/her buddy is meeting them lol

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
I'd never park my bike in a spot with someone else's whom I don't know. But that's just me.
If someone did it to me, as long as he left ample room for me to get out / not to close to my bike etc I don't think I would mind, but I wouldn't do it myself.

If where you live is anywhere like the DC metro area, both bikes would probably get tickets just because they can. Damn parking meter maids.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:02 AM

What about on sidewalks near a building or in between a handicap and a regular spot? I see bikes there a lot but I'd worry about ticket or tow

Old 08-18-2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by gigaman1
What about on sidewalks near a building or in between a handicap and a regular spot? I see bikes there a lot but I'd worry about ticket or tow
thats where i park when i go to walmart. In those striped parts beside the handicapped spots in between all the concrete poles. I feel the poles protect my bike quite well. I haven't had anyone hassle me about it yet and i see other bikes there as well. But i'm sure if they wanted to ticket you they could.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:11 AM

what about parking in the empty space that no cars can fit into, or the slashed off areas thats cars cannot fit into?
i usually park in these area quite often

Old 08-18-2011, 08:18 AM

I don't think I've ever seen someone get a ticket at Wal*mart.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:18 AM

I always park in the little hashed off area when I go to walmart or where ever. Haven't gotten a ticket yet but I know its possible and probably depends on how dbagish the place wants to be. I wouldn't park in the same spot as someone unless there is no other option. just seems kinda rude to me

Old 08-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

in my city it's perfectly acceptable to park in the 'other' white paint-lined spaces that cars can't use. the only limitation is that it can't be the lined areas next a handicapped spot (intended for wheelchair access next to a van, etc) or blocking the wheelchair access to a curb. blocking handicap access is a $500 ticket, and if i recall correctly an leo told me it's a federal statute not just state.

Quick Reply: Can you get a ticket for...