Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Can I take it for a ride?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I take it for a ride?

yeah it's like an unspoken rule... don't ask to ride someone's bike damnit!! only exception is if you ask someone if they want to take it for a spin (rare occasion!).

Old 06-12-2006, 10:32 PM

Its funny you mention if someone ask you if you want to ride there bike.This co-worker of mine came out to work location with his bike.He had the day off.He pulled up on his R1 got off and just handed me the keys.I told him no I cant.He got insulted and I had to ride it and he insisted that I get on it to see what it can do and I did.I got back and he was happy.Since then I let him ride my 954 and my 06 cbr1000.I trust him.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:39 PM

ORIGINAL: TYLER

I tell people thats like asking to ride my wife, HELL NO!
I still want the shirt that says "You can ride my wife but you cant ride my bike".

Old 06-13-2006, 02:15 AM

ORIGINAL: TYLER

I tell people thats like asking to ride my wife, HELL NO!
That depends if your wife looks as good as your bike!!!!! Just playin. I say you got a license and if they say yes I still say go "f" yourself in traffic!

Old 06-13-2006, 02:39 AM

you know its strange, normally those that have asked don't own any bike, or own a cruiser or the like. I simply can't imagine asking someone to ride their rocket.....it's different if your with a group of 'long time buddies' that you ride with, maybe one afternoon you all switch mounts for a while....but some people have big brass ones and just ask....i figure they understand direct so i just say no. One guy I worked with has asked 3 times...finally today he said, you really aren't going to let me ride your bike are you, and I said, don't take this personal, but no.

I just don't think non-riders or rider wanna be's truly understand, license or not these bikes are not your nighthawk s.....

Old 06-13-2006, 04:00 AM

I feel the same...there are very very few people i would let even sit on my baby, but one night i walk out of the house and one of these rider wannabe's just starts my bike and then preceeds to start revving it up. He did all of this without even asking me he just assumed he had the right, idk where people like that get off. they just don't get it. I was so pissed at him all i could do was just stand there shaking. I can't believe people sometime.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:28 PM

man, you've go some serious restraint...i'd have probably done bad things

Old 06-13-2006, 06:44 PM

Yes as long as they leave a $9,000 deposit. Of course only $8,000 of it is refundable.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:24 PM

The only persons I would let ride mine are 1) my uncle because he's been riding for almost 50 years and he's got the bank in case he had an incident, and 2) the service guy at the dealer if they needed to check something.
A buddy just bought an '06 kawi 650R a few weeks ago and asked me if I wanted to take it for a spin. I would like too, but I declined as I'm not going to get in some crap with someone elses property.
Other than that, I don't let people ride mine and I don't ask to ride other peoples bikes.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I dont even let people SIT on my bike, let alone ride it... get your own noob!

Quick Reply: Can I take it for a ride?