CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Can I get my money back? Need Advice Please (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/can-i-get-my-money-back-need-advice-please-102823/)

Elfling 11-02-2009 07:44 PM

Hmm, I wouldn't hold my breath until tomorrow morning, but hopefully he comes through on it.

Kuroshio 11-02-2009 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by NYKnick1015 (Post 854089)
every vehicle company has a 30day period when you can get your money back so i would asap... also file a claim against them with the better business bureau... and if the money was paid for the bike, then they shouldnt give you a problem giving you the money back

The BBB is a joke for so many reasons. A company can essentially 'buy' a good rating. And very, very, very, very, very, very few consumers check the BBB. Or even give a damn if the price matches what they want.

You have a better chance getting a serious response reporting situations like this to your local AG

bambam 11-03-2009 07:09 AM

thats more like it

now thats a better ending to a messy situation! GL and hope that works in your favor. peace

chuckbear 11-03-2009 09:16 AM

Yea that sounds like it's going to turn out about as good as you can hope for! I won't say congrats til you've got the title in hand but I'm pullin for ya!

:)

Elfling 11-03-2009 01:53 PM

So did you get it?

thrasher572 11-03-2009 02:15 PM

Wait a second... You made sure to bring the bike to the showroom so he could avoid paying his suppliers. The machine was present for floor audits... You are lucky if Honda or the bank doesn't drag you and your boss into court for fraud. I wouldn't be advertising these facts over the internet for the world to see.

CapoCam 11-03-2009 04:19 PM

Thanks again everyone. Yes I got the title today!

bmgcya 11-03-2009 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by CapoCam (Post 853666)
Okay, here's the situation. I bought a brand new (1 mile on it) 2008 CBR1000RR over a month ago from the place I worked for the last 3 years. I worked there before for 2 years back in the early 2000's. Anyway, I paid cash for the full amount of the bike. It came to $9117.53 out the door. Well my spinless boss (ex-boss as of Friday Oct 30th) never paid the bank for the bike yet so I hav not received a title. He was always asking me to bring the bike in to the shop on the days that the Banks came and did floor check. For anyone who is wondering what floor check is, it is basically someone from the bank comes to the shop and makes sure all the bikes are accounted for. All they really do is check the VIN number and make sure it's there. Anyone who actually rides or has some common sense whould be able to tell that my bike is not stock and has been ridden just under 700 miles. Well I was laid-off on Friday by the a-hole. He has absolutely no backbone so he left and drove off somewhere while he had someone else give me the great news. Up until Friday I was just keeping my bike at the shop so I didn't have to turn around all the time and bring it into work so he could benefit off the floor plan. Basically, I know where my money I paid for the bike went. He's run the business into the ground and so I'm sure he used the money to pay off one of the companies we owed money to (ie: Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Parts Unlimited, Fox Racing, Oakley, etc, etc). Anyway, what I am getting at is since it has been over 30 days and I have not received a title (all I have is the bill of sale / reciept) am I able to get my money back for the bike? I believe in the state of Ohio you can demand your $$ back if you have not received a title within 30 days. I love the bike and don't want to get rid of it but I have a family to feed and would rather have the cash back if possible. Sorry for the novel and thanks for taking the time to read it. Any and all help / suggestions would be greatly appriciated. TIA

You may have to get a lawyer involved but first you should alert your local DMV.

Then send registered mail to the dealer a "letter of demand' demanding the title to the bike.

(I had to do this on my CBR 600 RR with a local dealership.)

The DMV if they get involved can take away his sellor's license and I'm sure he doesn't want that.

Exhaust everything at your disposal and if that does not work, get a lawyer.

bmgcya 11-03-2009 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by CapoCam (Post 854510)
Thanks again everyone. Yes I got the title today!

Should have read the entire post...

Congratulations now enjoy your bike.

Kuroshio 11-03-2009 07:51 PM

Well I still recommend contacting a lawyer for advice. Bringing the bike in to be counted during an inventory audit prolly requires some legal advice to prevent future repercussions...