Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

California

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by estate4life
Just have to be careful with money...don't buy from 7/11. Go Costco. Shop online and avoid Cali sales tax like near 10%. conserve & recycle. Establish good habits. Don't smoke...it's one good lunch a pack. Don't dine out too often. Now & age...the economy is ****....everyone must change habits to save a buck.
No bad habits, and we don't smoke, unless it's a little bit of that piff....we recycle everything. We have a recycling center right down the block from us, its pretty cool how they do the recycling around here! The economy is terrible right now, I gave up a great job in order 2 move here. It was a sacrifice but it needed to be done! Now I'm heading into the medical field....hopefully it works out.

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: fix quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:18 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Medical field is solid...they always need people. Top nurses whom can perform shots...meaning flu shots, vaccines, blood work...they make solid income + benefits.

Albertson to me is still expensive...find those Korean markets for fruits, Asian market for seafood... Most important of all...learn to cook. Marinate your meats...so they don't get spoil.. Buy vege portions at a time, they go bad quick...other household ****...COSTCO bro.... I got 3 kids...you have to do everything to survive in this economy.

Originally Posted by CBRken
No bad habits, and we don't smoke, unless it's a little bit of that piff....we recycle everything. We have a recycling center right down the block from us, its pretty cool how they do the recycling around here! The economy is terrible right now, I gave up a great job in order 2 move here. It was a sacrifice but it needed to be done! Now I'm heading into the medical field....hopefully it works out.

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: language
Old 11-10-2011, 12:27 PM

Where at in California are you too? Because that will make the biggest difference in produce and places to shop. We use Sprouts for our veggies/fruits, Costco for meat and household, and Albertsons for misc as we need it. There's 4 of us in my house and we survive off 400-500/month on groceries and we could even knock that down if we were more selective about where we shopped.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by dveldtf4i
Where at in California are you too? Because that will make the biggest difference in produce and places to shop. We use Sprouts for our veggies/fruits, Costco for meat and household, and Albertsons for misc as we need it. There's 4 of us in my house and we survive off 400-500/month on groceries and we could even knock that down if we were more selective about where we shopped.

I have been asked that so many times, and to this day I'm still a little confused....I live in san Diego, but Idk, all my mail says san Diego and what not...nut there are so many bordering areas so I'm not sure.... =P....I live in a military housing complex off of home ave. It's right off of the 94. My area is nice, but if you take the road a bit further out east it gets a little sketchy. Not really bad though....my complex is pretty nice. Rent is super cheap so I can't complain about if at all!

Old 11-10-2011, 03:30 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, I'm in Torrance...so there are Korean markets which is know for cheap fruits...and super fresh. Chinese market for meat & seafood. Everywhere else, I shop on sale items. Guess you need to bargain hunt depending on where you live. Does make sense for you to drive 50minutes to a market just to save on pennies when gas price will kill ya.