Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cager lost the race before it even started

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cager lost the race before it even started

So i was on my way to return a game i got from blockbuster. I pull up to a light and a GTO was sitting there. I take my left and he flies up next to me motioning a race. So i agree since we are near a road that is very straight with little traffic. To get onto this road you have to make a a hard right followed by another harder right. I took it hard and was draggin the side of my shoe on the ground. I exit the last corner and begin to slow so he can catch up. Well in my mirror i see his car fly out and smack a curb. I turn around to make sure they are alright and find out that he was TEST DRIVING IT ! i had to stop myself from callin him a moron. His friend was the sales person who was in the passanger seat and he was flippin out and his head on a yeild sign.

In a way i felt bad for accepting the race BUT i didnt know it was a test driving car and a GTO is a legit car to race. lol
The red is the route i took and the green is what the gto took. lol

The steering wheel wouldnt budge. I didnt look at the damage to much but other than that he luckily didnt do anything to the body other than crack the front bumper.

The cop was cool. He let me take a pic of my bike next to his car and he also wrote down what bike he had and what goodies he had with it and asked if at the next bike night if anyone was lookin to buy a bike tell them about his. haha Well thats the end of my amazing story of the year.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats funny, sounds like you had a cool cop and in the end everyone will be able to look back and laugh about it (unless the sales guy gets canned).

We have the same lid just mine is red hehe.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by fubbzie
thats funny, sounds like you had a cool cop and in the end everyone will be able to look back and laugh about it (unless the sales guy gets canned).

We have the same lid just mine is red hehe.
Ya everyone will be able to laugh about it. Even the manager of the place wasnt to pissed. He just said **** happens.

I like the helemt but its a bit loud on the inside. cant beat the price though for a snell approved lid.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:28 PM

I know picked mine up about a month ago for 60 bucks, crazy cheap (didn't expect the BEST helmet for that price but it does it job). It doesn't seem like the car was damaged to bad, they will probably be able to fix it and sell it without ever having to tell whoever buys it about this little accident.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:49 PM

lol thats funny, is that the sales guy down on the ground praying that he still has a job?

Old 05-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

Wow - if I was street racing and it ended up with the other vehicle crashing I doubt that I would have waited around for the cops to show up. You never know what that could have led to after he/she started investigating.

BTW, "a GTO is a legit car to race"...against what - a Vespa???

Old 05-11-2010, 01:07 AM

lol come on a GTO versus a your sexy CBR? next time go easy on them

Old 05-11-2010, 01:28 AM

Tuck them feet!

Cool of you to hang around, cool of the cop, and if the dealership was just going to accept that these things sometimes happen, most cool of them.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:22 AM

JEFF4i99Ya-Ii posted this on RR.net also and got a reply on how to tuck my feet. Other than that i got bashed for being a squid and how almost all of them have never raced a car before. Makes me appreciate this forum ALOT MORE! lol

RoadiJeff- Its a legit car cause all the others are civics and f-250s that want to race. Atleast the GTO has over 300hp. haha We hadnt started to race yet. We were still goin to the street we were going to race. I took the corner fast and for some reason he thought he could take it just as fast or faster.

Rs2nV-That is the guy that was driving. The sales friend was laying in the grass abusing his privilege to smoke. He must have had 4 cigs in the 20 mins i was there.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:31 AM

It was nice of you to stick around. I do not condone street racing, I did it when I was younger in a cage. If I was to sit here and shake my finger at you telling how moronic that it was to accept the race, I would be a hypocrite.

Moral of the story: Do not it again.

Quick Reply: Cager lost the race before it even started