Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

cadillac themed cbr build

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cadillac themed cbr build

so i work at a body shop, and i love building bikes. I was brainstorming today at work and i want to do a Cadillac themed cbr build up. i just want to get peoples reactions to what they think about it. I want to go with the diamond white paint mixed with some chrome, some caddy logos and obviously the led rear tail lights and blue headlights etc...i dont have the extra bike to do it on now, but hey if anyone wants their bike to be the guinea pig this winter i'll do it for cost. but any ways i thought it would be cool and just wanted to see peoples reactions to it....

i want to have my own bike shop one day and i am just looking for some portfolio builders

Last edited by Browntowns20s; 06-16-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-17-2009, 01:49 AM
July 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmmmmmm......not bad........i want also to see a cbr which is a convertible....

Old 06-17-2009, 06:57 AM

I would put gold color emblems or graphics on it. I like the gold on white look. Also, instead of just caddy emblems, I would draw up some decals and have an vinyl shop make em. Maybe do the honda wing wrapped by the cadillac emblem? Something different instead of just run of mill stuff.

If you want a headlight idea, I already installed cadillac XLR projectors in my bike. You can see it in the how to section.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:34 AM

What about the big tall tail fins???

Old 06-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Well IMO sounds like a terrible Idea. but then again I've seen worse. but that's just my 2 cents.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:34 PM

maybe see my sig for inspiration?

Old 06-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i was thinking going along the lines of the CTS-V and then frenching the logos and such....if i were good at rendering i would do up a pic...i guess its hard for you guys to see the perfect picture i have in my head

Old 06-18-2009, 06:46 AM

i guess its hard for you guys to see the perfect picture i have in my head
If you truly want your own custom bike shop someday, my advice is to start doing renderings right now, even if your not any good at it. Like you said, its hard for anyone to see what idea you have in your head. Not only that, the idea in your head once its layed out and you can see it, may not look as good as you originally thought it would. If your not any good at drawing, use photoshop. You can get just about anything close enough to see how its going to look. You can change the colors, remove items, add items, heck, just about anything you want to change to a bikes appearance, you can change.

I used Microsoft digital imaging suite,(which is like photoshop, but no where near as powerful, but it was only 40 bucks and does a lot) before I painted my wifes bike. I must have layed out 10 different ideas before we came up with what I went with. I still made a mistake while painting. My rendering had a lot more flames on it and it looked good. But, while I was painting, I decided less would be better. In the end, I think more would have been better. So, if I had just stuck with the rendering, or at least went back and changed it to see what it would look like, I could have made it better. You can get stock photo's all over the place and use those as your base. the nice thing about the stock photos, is most, if not all are on a white background. It makes things a lot easier to deal with.

Using software would also be a great place to chop logo's together to see what they will look like when completed. Again, most logo's can be found by just simply googling, then just lay them over each other and cut out the parts you don't want.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:47 AM

i would let you use my f2..

Old 06-18-2009, 12:19 PM

no.

Quick Reply: cadillac themed cbr build