Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Buying a 2009? READ THIS!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a 2009? READ THIS!!!!!!!

I just bought this online and I thought I would share it. I hope less people get screwed at the stealership.

Dealer Invoice Report
2009 CBR 600RR
List Price: $9799
List Price: $10099
Phoenix
Dealer Invoice: $8579
Dealer Invoice: $8834
Phoenix
Dealer invoice price includes $250 per crate freight charge for shipping from the manufacturer to the dealership.

Assembly Cost: $32 per Honda dealer pricesheet
Each dealership has its own method of figuring cost of assembly and preparation for sale.
There is no reimbursement by the factory for this cost to the dealer.

Ready to sell cost: $8611
Ready to sell cost: $8866Phoenix
This model Honda motorcycle has 5% (of List Price) dealer holdback.
This holdback money is paid to dealers in April or October for units that are sold to U.S. residents within the previous 6 months. Dealers must pay Honda the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait 1 to 6 months after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.

Wholesale Incentives:none for this model.
Retail Incentives:none for this model.
The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine sitting on the showroom floor with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in business very long by selling machines for no profit.
Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine. Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to determine the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:49 AM

Interesting!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

??? Do you expect to get a new bike for free? The dealer is going to make money and I will let you in on the secret why............. He is a dealer!! Why do you think he shouldn't get a profit, do you not get paid for your job? If you want a brand new bike you have to pay for it. Don't be stupid and think you should get a new Phoenix for $8,000

Old 03-03-2009, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Todd84
??? Do you expect to get a new bike for free? The dealer is going to make money and I will let you in on the secret why............. He is a dealer!! Why do you think he shouldn't get a profit, do you not get paid for your job? If you want a brand new bike you have to pay for it. Don't be stupid and think you should get a new Phoenix for $8,000
Wtf? When did I say any of that? I am just trying to help people get an idea of what would be a good and bad deal on the bike... Before buying that report, I was in the dark. The dealer could have told me they sell them for 1100 because they buy them for 10,500 and I would have believed it. It is completely reasonable to try and haggle as close to cost as possible. No one expects the dealership to give up their profits...

Old 03-04-2009, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Deathinsight
Wtf? When did I say any of that? I am just trying to help people get an idea of what would be a good and bad deal on the bike... Before buying that report, I was in the dark. The dealer could have told me they sell them for 1100 because they buy them for 10,500 and I would have believed it. It is completely reasonable to try and haggle as close to cost as possible. No one expects the dealership to give up their profits...

Right. Haggling goes a lot easier if you know what they know...

Old 03-04-2009, 03:24 PM

If you look at last years model when it gets marked down at the end of the year for $9,000 you know they make money on that. Granted the phoenix is alittle more figure $500 more for the paint scheme. Remeber this a salesman is not your friend, he is not telling the truth, he can come down lower, and most importantly He has the same motorcycle experince as the fat guy on the moped down the street that can't figure out why his 50cc spree keeps over heating.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:51 PM

It is always good to know the invoice.Stealerships have a name for a reason.Know the invoice and how to talk.You will get a low price.

My friend just picked up an 09 r6 for 8700.00 out the door.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:18 PM

I bought my 2008 1000RR brand new for 9599.00 before tax and title fee. I can't see paying that for a 600 when a 1000 is so close......

Old 03-05-2009, 12:50 AM

^because the 1000 is unnecessary? especially for a new rider. sorry, i had to.

I am having a hard time reading this.

is that saying they pay 8,800 and mark it up to 10,000?

and this is news to you? what is news to me is that they have such a low margin. 1,200 means a 12% mark up, do you have any idea what most retailers (of any thing) mark there products up? and for good reason, they have to make money to stay in business.

I am not saying that dealerships are by any means honest institutions, they are out to make a buck for sure, but that is not a ridiculous mark up at all.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Retired Moderator

What's up with some of the defensive attitudes? All the OP did was show you a Report of what the supposed wholesale price of the bike is so you may have better negotiating powers ... all the "how much profit he thinks the dealer should make" comments is just you reading things into it that don't exist. Reading is fundamental.

btw, thanks for the report, what is the source?

p.s. Keep in mind some states will sell for higher markup due to higher C.O.L.

Quick Reply: Buying a 2009? READ THIS!!!!!!!