Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

But Mister Walmart Doesnt Sell Motorcycle Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by __Z__
ooh no i do haha geniuses there tried to tell me only a oem replacement would fit in my bike (they keep their batteries in the back so i couldnt look at them)

and tried to get me pay like 157.... yea no lol
I think it just depends on the people working at the local stores. Locally I won't touch autozone with a 10' pole unless they are my last resort. The guys @ the local O'riellys I've done business with for years - are a good bunch of people. I've know one of the guys for 10+ years and since I know him, all of the other guys there give me his discount when I go to get stuff and he isn't around.

There's always another price on replacement parts - theres the public's price, and the price a repair shop pays. Has saved me a lot of $$$ over the years.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt know walmart carried batts for bikes either. I got a replacement from my local dealer for $70 with a warranty so I didnt mess with looking anywhere else.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:37 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

i got mine for $40 with warranty haha im not a large dealer fan, if i had more time i would have ordered one off the net

Old 04-29-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by __Z__
i got mine for $40 with warranty haha im not a large dealer fan, if i had more time i would have ordered one off the net
Im not either but I know the owner. I wanted to ride that day so I bought it. Yuasa or w/e the name is seemed like a little better deal than pretty much anyhting walmart could have carried. A friend of mine has been through 3 walmart car batteries...so that kinda pushed me away from them.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:58 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

lol i only need mine to last me a season anyway so i wasnt to worried about it

Old 04-29-2011, 06:18 PM

the worst is when they try to help you but you wanted to talk to the guy who could help you in 1 minute instead of the nub who takes 30 minutes.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:45 AM

you can alway buy a battery and then switch the stickers from theirs and the oem one and bring back the dead oem battery with their stickers on it and tell them it didnt work. Ive totally never done that or anything to save $100. Not at all.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hahahahaha, that's stupid.... but i have you beat.

a guy got kicked out of walmart in my area because the checking-out clerk and her supervisor thought he was using counterfeit money when he was actually using an "old" 10 dollar bill. he was checking out, went to pay, the checker said it was a fake, then her supervisor said it was a fake. it took a while, but eventually, other people in line and one of the head supervisors realized it was just the old style of 10 dollar bill.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:28 PM

^reminds me of this story i saw online awhile ago

snopes.com: Taco Bell $2 Bill

Old 04-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My gf's Mom was buying her son a laptop from walmart and wrapped it up for xmas and when he opened it the dell box had an Acer laptop that had the hard drive ripped out and keys missing and juice or something spilt all over it.
So someone did just like Nickp123 and returned a different computer and they didnt even check if it was the correct computer and said the they cant do anything about catching the person.

They said if they catch them before with the wrong product they tell them its not the item and tell them they cant return it.

So they pretty much told me if you do it your not going to get in trouble if you get caught

Quick Reply: But Mister Walmart Doesnt Sell Motorcycle Batteries