Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

buells

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: buells

Fischer is using Hyosungs in his bikes.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:02 AM
VP

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore
but they just fall way short (like American automobiles) of the japanese competition.
You haven't driven the Z06 Vette, have you?
pretty funny that you say that when I was typing that earlier that was the only car I could think of that really puts American Vs. Euro Vs. Asian bet to rest... but that's the ONLY one...Also I should point out that the C6 Z06 is my wet dream car at the moment

Old 06-21-2007, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

but they just fall way short (like American automobiles) of the japanese competition.
You haven't driven the Z06 Vette, have you?
pretty funny that you say that when I was typing that earlier that was the only car I could think of that really puts American Vs. Euro Vs. Asian bet to rest... but that's the ONLY one...Also I should point out that the C6 Z06 is my wet dream car at the moment
okay last post i swear guys then im out of here.

what asian cars are all that scarry i can list some but there nothing god awful scary. subaru sti <-- great car but not something id want for a dd there very uncomfterble but awsome preformers the new nissan gt-r skyline what ever its called not even on the road yet though looks ugly but again another great preformer or will be. civic si that thing is a joke athough i think the cobalt ss is to so and though preformance wise and modablity civiv si <cobalt ss. what else is there toyota has nothing at the moment im sure there cooking something up. the nissan 350z isnt bad but agian nothing to fear. forgot about the lancer.

baring exotics whats europe have? a hand full of decent mid price preformance cars and a tone of over priced ones that most people cant afford. some of the bmws are geat cars but expensive maitnence and european qulity has been really lacking lattly. audi has some nice stuff to but nothing to jump up and down about.

you have the c6 z06, c6 z51. a could of nice things in the ss up line up nothing great though but the new camaro and with the new motor coming out and irs it might be a real monster and that is right around the conner.

caddy has the v series which are pretty impressive the cts-v

the pontiac gto although i my self am dissapointed with that car.

ford mustage gt500 um thats about all i can think of for ford unless you include the roush and saleen mustangs

hmm dodge vipper, there truck with the viper engine forgot the name of it.srt4 not a bad little car.

you want to go back a few years 02-03 yah had the f-bodys which were alright, you had the lightning, the 03 cobra aka terminator

so unless your talking about way older imports that are heavly modded or quality which if you look at jp powers the quality thing isnt such a big gap any more. all the brand are making it a much smaller gap in quality of car to make your desision compared to 10 years ago. be interesting to see what happens in the next 10 years quality wise.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Banned

what asian cars are all that scarry i can list some but there nothing god awful scary.
baring exotics whats europe have? a hand full of decent mid price preformance cars and a tone of over priced ones that most people cant afford.
Does anyone remember the early 1980s??? A 15 second car was FAST. Now, almost any car can run 15s. Cars are fast today, but to make a car truly scary you need alot of power and low weight. Low weight is a hard thing to come by without alot of aluminum, and aluminum is expensive. Even my big block vette isn't exactly fast, is may be only slighly faster than my S2000 and that is only a little faster than my new Acura TL, but they are all faster than my 1988 Mustang GT was.

But I do agree that very fast cars cost a good amount of money, and they should. This is America, if you want to play, you got to pay. Unless you get a bike, then they are cheap and scary fast, that is why I got one.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:37 AM
VP

baring exotics whats europe have? a hand full of decent mid price preformance cars and a tone of over priced ones that most people cant afford. some of the bmws are geat cars but expensive maitnence and european qulity has been really lacking lattly. audi has some nice stuff to but nothing to jump up and down about.
Barring exotics (although I don't know why I have to) Europe has Bmw, Mercedes, Audi just to name the biggest three. Even the lowest end models of EACH of these car companies have better fit, finish, and quality than the NICEST American models. Chrysler is on its way out, Ford hasn't made anything worth talking about except for the GT (which I mad add is pretty much the hugest rip off in the history of time... even though they're ripping off their own product which they couldn't even get the rights to rename the GT40)... and who are those other guys? DODGE you say? Oh the Viper, but that's been pretty much a high end Camero for rednecks ever since it came out.

you have the c6 z06, c6 z51. a could of nice things in the ss up line up nothing great though but the new camaro and with the new motor coming out and irs it might be a real monster and that is right around the conner.
With the exception of te C6 Z06 nothing Chevy has made in the past few years has shaken anything up. The only corvette that's been made in the past 30 years that actually blows the doors off the competition is the new Z06... everything else has fallen behind its European competition. Also, don't get me started on the Camero... what a worthless piece of dog crap. It's going to fall right in line with the Mustang, something that's a real go getter on the show room floor but ends up in every single midlife crisis middle class guys garage or worse yet, leased out to 20 year old guys who think an automatic V6 sports car is something worth writing home about.
Except it's 4000 pounds... lumbers around like a fat kid playing soccer

agreed

ford mustage gt500 um thats about all i can think of for ford unless you include the roush and saleen mustangs
GT500 looks good, but its just another mustang variant... roush and saleen give it a good effort and to be fair they both have a racing team... but who really needs to pay $50k and up for a crappy mustang anyway? I mean sure they all sound great... but at the track neither the GT500 nor the Saleen and Roush cars really make a difference. They get their doors blown off by the Corvette and even some Asian cars.

I'll spare you guys my extensive opinion on why pretty much all mustangs ever built past the 1960s sucked, but there's not even time and I'm late for work. I'll sum it up with this, for every guy/girl you see driving a hooked up mustang with flowmasters and 18s, there's grandma out there driving the same thing they bought from the factory. And that's okay with Ford... Sell to anybody? Jesus and they're still going under...

ALSO let me add this is not a personal attack on you man, just my opinion on the cars.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:30 AM

Barring exotics (although I don't know why I have to) Europe has Bmw, Mercedes, Audi just to name the biggest three. Even the lowest end models of EACH of these car companies have better fit, finish, and quality than the NICEST American models. Chrysler is on its way out, Ford hasn't made anything worth talking about except for the GT (which I mad add is pretty much the hugest rip off in the history of time... even though they're ripping off their own product which they couldn't even get the rights to rename the GT40)... and who are those other guys? DODGE you say? Oh the Viper, but that's been pretty much a high end Camero for rednecks ever since it came out.

With the exception of te C6 Z06 nothing Chevy has made in the past few years has shaken anything up. The only corvette that's been made in the past 30 years that actually blows the doors off the competition is the new Z06... everything else has fallen behind its European competition. Also, don't get me started on the Camero... what a worthless piece of dog crap. It's going to fall right in line with the Mustang, something that's a real go getter on the show room floor but ends up in every single midlife crisis middle class guys garage or worse yet, leased out to 20 year old guys who think an automatic V6 sports car is something worth writing home about.
Except it's 4000 pounds... lumbers around like a fat kid playing soccer

agreed

GT500 looks good, but its just another mustang variant... roush and saleen give it a good effort and to be fair they both have a racing team... but who really needs to pay $50k and up for a crappy mustang anyway? I mean sure they all sound great... but at the track neither the GT500 nor the Saleen and Roush cars really make a difference. They get their doors blown off by the Corvette and even some Asian cars.

I'll spare you guys my extensive opinion on why pretty much all mustangs ever built past the 1960s sucked, but there's not even time and I'm late for work. I'll sum it up with this, for every guy/girl you see driving a hooked up mustang with flowmasters and 18s, there's grandma out there driving the same thing they bought from the factory. And that's okay with Ford... Sell to anybody? Jesus and they're still going under...

ALSO let me add this is not a personal attack on you man, just my opinion on the cars.
oh thats fine vp i understand its just your opinion on cars its a discussion and you have every right to have your own opinion.

i agree with you when it comes to fit and finish when it European cars are the best but when it comes to long term durability they are some of the worst. if your looking for a high end luxury car that you only car about for up to 3 year and your going to trade in then durability doesn’t matter and its safe to go Euro. but other wise I go with Lexus and then caddy and Lincoln.

I bar exotics from this discussion cause there manufacturing

Old 06-21-2007, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: 95camaro01f4i

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

ORIGINAL: 95camaro01f4i

so woody just becuase you know more then me about motorcycle racing im not even going to argue with you about your racing information although i think its a little skewed from some reading i have done.

but when honda or any other import brand comes out with a new design every one here goes wow hooo thats inovative. but when an american company thinks out side the box its equivelent to cheap things bought late night or on the dollor store. by the way how many buells have you owned woody? just wondering.

why is it every one in this country thinks if its not imported its a piece of crap? are motorcycles are garbage, are cars a garbage, are tvs and electronics are garbage. theres not one thing made in this country that people think is good.

i could sit here and list my experinces with harleys and hondas and other importeted products and domestics but im sure you dont want to hear them so i wont
once again, my racing experience has absolutely nothing to do with this situation, I swear I'm gonna have to change my name and take my bike out of my sig cause every time somebody argues with me they have to tack that kind of stupid line onto their post

all i said basically is i respect the fact that you know more about racing then i do and you flip out.

i didn’t go into the fact about them racing really all i said was you bash them and pretty much say there crap. you see 2 of them race and have no idea how there maintained or anything else and how do you bash any thing you don’t have experience with.

second im not on a high horse about American products. but every time something comes up about something being built in this country it turns into every one saying what a piece of crap it is you dont like that statement fine but its the truth. and being someone that has owned both American and import products cars and electronics and so on. i will say this there are product made in America that are better and ones made in Japan that are better and some times its just a matter of being different. i think sony makes some of the best product on the market although i no longer buy from them because of there business practices. i think a buell is just one of thouse product that is just different and might lack some quality to Asian bikes but i think implying it to cheap late night crap products is extreme.

by the way f4i 13000 miles on it leaked oil like crazy and the dealer repaired a few of the leaks so go figure.

Sorry for the grammatical errors some times the crap people say on here just gets me going.
I'm not bashing buells because they're American, I'm bashing them because they are nut up to par with the Japanese bikes. Not in performance and not in reliability (yet).
Now don't get me wrong, I hope they get better and figure out theirissues but so far its been a year and a half and theystill can't keep the XBRRfrom falling apart. Theyof course blameoverseas parts used in their bike... (so much for "Made in America" how about "Made in Japan, China, and Taiwan, then assembled in America so we can call ourselves patriots while jacking the price up")

Honesly Harley is not abasement based company, theycan afford to properly develope a bike to be competitive but it wouldcost money and most of their customers wouldn't give a crap anyway so they don't but have Erik Buell make their crap look like its notso crappy.

Their reliability is getting better but its still not up there with the "Big 4" yet, maybe they will be but who the hell really knows

and like I said it kinda pisses me off the way they went about making the bike legal. Again, they're not **** poor they couldafford to do

Old 06-21-2007, 05:11 PM

I loved my F3 but in all honesty I love my XB more. I really didnt like having to keep the rpm's up in order to get any real power. My Buell has power thru the entire (short) rpm range. I think my F3 redlined at 13k rpm while my Buell around 6500. In order to get power I had to be around 6-7k. I also like not having to downshift when entering a tight corner,I was constantly shifting my F3.
As far as top speed goes my Honda would spank my Buell hands down. Quarter mile times I think are about the same, + or - reaction time.
And reliability? My Buell is just as reliable as my Honda, change the oil, gas and go. The only thing I really dont like about my Buell is that its a cold blooded beast. I gotta start it up, let it run a bit, then ride easy for a couple miles, otherwise it runs like crap. After its warm, pffft, hold on.
Then again we're comparing and air cooled V-twin to a liquid cooled inline 4.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:11 PM

Thats comparing a almsot 10 year old bike to a current bike. If you take an 05/06/07 CBR and compare it to a current model Buell, there would probably be a differnet concensus..

PS I really want to read all the discussion about cars, but I dont have that much time, hahaa. Looks interesting though

Old 06-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope'n (associated)product loyalty again, will be enough, when the products short commings, are so blatent... sound familiar? Been a Harley marketing strategy for decades... arramachi, buell, v-rod (best harley ever built, no wonder most HD riders, won't accept it)
Anything w/ even close to Gp250 geometry, better handle... and it is there forte.
On the straits... same a compeating in the liter class, track/street...left for dead.
As far as track... I'm have o respect for buell,compeating in the 600 class... but I would have atleast some,if theywere prepped/ teched,the same as everone else,
" NOT redesigned/enginered/ tooled, to compeat.
It will be interesting to see what buell does, when HD air cooleds, are phased out...
In the day... classes, and the best won. End of story.
Free and clean, Ripp'n