Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bring back the El Camino.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bring back the El Camino.

GM will bring back the El Camino if 100,000 people comment on this post

Link above to a thread at Jalopnik that looks to gather 100,000 people who want a new version of the El Camino. If they somehow manage to do it GM will bring the car back into production.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:12 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by comodidit
GM will bring back the El Camino if 100,000 people comment on this post

Link above to a thread at Jalopnik that looks to gather 100,000 people who want a new version of the El Camino. If they somehow manage to do it GM will bring the car back into production.
The issue that I see is even if 100,000 people comment on the thread that doesn't mean that those 100,000 people are going to buy it if it does come out. I love the El Camino and think it is an awesome car but I would never buy one (unless it had 4 wheel drive). Same problem that Chevy had with the SSR. They produced it because it had a great following at the car shows then once it came out no one bought them.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:27 PM

Haha Jalopnik and CBRF get me through each work day.

I love the idea of the El Camino coming back, but I agree, I just don't see it selling well. The Subaru Baja kind of had the same fate as the SSR, it was only in production for a few years. "Ute's" (car/trucks) are all the rage in Australia, but I'm not exactly sure why.

The Holden Maloo (Same platform the El Camino would be based on) is pretty badass though.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:54 PM

no.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DammitMike
Haha Jalopnik and CBRF get me through each work day.

I love the idea of the El Camino coming back, but I agree, I just don't see it selling well. The Subaru Baja kind of had the same fate as the SSR, it was only in production for a few years. "Ute's" (car/trucks) are all the rage in Australia, but I'm not exactly sure why.

The Holden Maloo (Same platform the El Camino would be based on) is pretty badass though.

that vehicle was alread green-lit to come to the states - the holden was already here as the G8, and Pontiac was bringing the Ute as the G8 ST. Pontiac even ran a contest to "name the G8 sport truck" and in the end the best they could come up with was G8 ST?

I would be buying one next year if Pontiac hadn't been euthanized. 365hp V8 under hood, the G8's suspension, rear wheel drive, bed big enough for my mountainbikes or a sportbike.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:22 PM

i hate el caminos

they are so ugly

every time i see one i picture myself throwing some c4 on it and watching it blow

sorry its harsh but honest. (=

Old 05-06-2011, 06:54 PM

This thread should be locked.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:14 PM

Gosh, whats with the El Cam hate?

I'd never buy one, because I have no need for it, but I'd love to see something different coming from the American market.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:47 PM

They should bring back the Ford Ranchero and put a butterfly steering wheel in it like the original.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell yeah. El Caminos kick ***. Every time me and my wife pass one, I tell her how good she would look in it, but she refuses to let me get her one.

And I don't consider the Baja to be in the same class as an El Camino. They just look Ghey like the Subaru Brat did (remember the brat? What a POS. My uncle actually gave one to charity. It was $1 per whack with a sledgehammer to raise money for a kid's hospital or somethin')

Quick Reply: Bring back the El Camino.