Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Brand's and logo's.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand's and logo's.

I have been thinking about this topic for a little while now. I admit that I am not a ricer or cheesy when it comes to decal's on my cars. On my Firebird I have one decal of the shop that built the transmission. On my cobalt DD I have 2. One says "I'd rather be riding" with an Astar on the bottom and then I have a small Astar on my 3rd window.

Now I have about 4 Astar shirts and no gear from them. I rock an Icon helmet and gloves, tourmaster riding pants and Joe rocket and power trip textile and leather jackets.

Why don't I rock any of those gear logo's on my car? Hell why not on my bike?(I have one tasteful Astar decal on my POS tail)

Why do people rock logo's for no reason, Examples are fox, DC, Monster energy, shocker's and even those grenades.

I have to be honest I like the way some of those logo's look but I don't ride dirt so I don't wear fox, I don't skate, like energy drinks, put my pinky in crap and play with grenades.

So my question to you is do you rock the logo's of anything I said? If so why? Where do you rock it? I believe I wear and have decals because I like the designs of the shirts and logo. I have Icon shirts everyone always asks me "whats Icon"

Sorry for saying Astars it was so much easier than typing Alpinestars over and over.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:52 PM

I ride and live pretty much logo free, and all those stickers can be a bit much and look tacky, but that is my opinion. Lol, my cousin bought as much Harley attire as he could because he bought a Harley. I have never seen him not wear at least one article of clothing with a Harley patch or sticker. Awesome......

Old 08-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No stickers. The blue 06 F4i is too perfect to mar

Old 08-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear some A* t-shirts and put all sorts of stickers on the trailer, but none on the bike

Old 08-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of my new all weather gear have logo's that shine when headlights beam on them (same with my boots) but that's supposed to be for safety.
On my car the only thing I have on it is the Aussie flag (small) & a sticker that says' "Motorcycle Aware Driver" & another that say's "Motorcycle's are Magic" (have a smaller version on the back of my bike). I have a tank cover so even the Honda logo & wings are covered up. But that's it, just not into doing someone else's advertising.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:46 PM

Just as different people ride for different reasons, there are multiple reasons for rocking the stickers. Personally, I have none. I look at it like sex, those people who brag the most generally have the least reason. If you live the life you don't need to draw attention to it, people will know if you're real or just a poser. If you're a pro and those are sponsor stickers then that's a horse of a different flavor. Just my opinion.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by gump
I have to be honest I like the way some of those logo's look but I don't ride dirt so I don't wear fox, I don't skate, like energy drinks, put my pinky in crap and play with grenades.

Put my pinky in crap, lma dude you made my night

As far as the decals go if its not on the bike or car it shouldnt have a decal
I have a busa emblem on my truck window, and a 303 diesel decal since i do they're welding and they hook me up with parts more a free plug for a buddy.
Kid across the streets got astar decals all over his truck, wears the shirts etc but doesnt own any gear or anything to ride

Old 08-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a sticker on one of my jeeps that says "watch for motorcycles".
Decals that come with parts or gear go on my toolboxes if they look cool, otherwise they go in the trash.

However, I thought about putting an old school "honda wings" decal on my jeep because.....well... it owns.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:25 PM

My Civic has a few fun decals on it.

As for why. Because. Lol.

My bike has no stickers, I wear all A*s gear as it is so no need to rep them anywhere else. I may pick up a few random tshirts sometime though.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:59 PM

Where do you get these decals? That's just way to much going on.. My sister and her boyfriend are ridiculous when it comes to this crap. She has a whole back window filled with decals...