Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

braking/cornering skills...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: braking/cornering skills...

Good info--

The bit about using both brakes caught me off guard. I find it so hard to believe people wouldn't use the front brake... then again, coming from a downhill mountain biking background I'm totally used to using both brakes. In bicycling, so many unexperienced riders avoid the front brake because at some point when they were a kid, they grabbed the front brake too hard and went over the bar. I suppose that the same fear mentality comes across into their motorcycle riding too? Of course, how many choppers are out there with no front brake at all??? Craziness.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:06 AM

Now the problem is actually doing all that stuff.....its like getting most people to do a full check of their car or bike every time. Old habits die hard, and lazy riders die young.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: doggy69

Now the problem is actually doing all that stuff.....its like getting most people to do a full check of their car or bike every time. Old habits die hard, and lazy riders die young.

well, it not only might save your life one day, but will also make you a more skilled rider. most of the riders around here thrive on info like this because all they want is to be able to go around the corner a little fast and a little lower and they want to ride a little faster and stop a little quicker and doing all this stuff will do that for ya. doesn't take long to make it a habbit. i felt more confident just after reading this and i felt a difference in my skill level as soon as i started riding.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:43 AM

I'm not saying it will be a problem for me or many of the ambitious people thanking you but there are too many people that are content with how they have been doing things bc its never failed them yet....etc....I want more exp on my bike then I am going to take the msf advanced rider course and then i want to go to cali superbike school etc......the more I learn the better i can react.....