Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

bout to have a problem ar work

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bout to have a problem ar work

My sup warned me today that people were complaining about me being out of uniform at work. The part of my clothes that weren't company issued? My winter coat. So a coat I obviously wouldn't wear while working (suede & fur lined) and can remove in less than a second to meet compliance is out of uniform.

The problem will be when I ride to work wearing my jacket and riding jeans. They've made comments before (not my sup) about it. But apparently they're serious this year, even calling my sup on his day off about my coat. If they think I'll even consider not wearing my gear when I ride we're gonna have some serious words. Considering precalling my lawyer for advice about this.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:43 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol wow that is stupidity....

ex. this would be like someone playing extremely loud or explicit music in their car while on the job, while its not allowed at work, your not going to get fired over it since your operating outside work grounds in your personal property....

Last edited by __Z__; 03-03-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:50 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

i also dont see how they can legally make you comply with the dress code if your not on the clock (ex. ride there, ride home)

Old 03-03-2011, 11:17 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by __Z__
i also dont see how they can legally make you comply with the dress code if your not on the clock (ex. ride there, ride home)
Either do I. I ride to work out of dress code. Then when I arrive I change into my dress clothes, go to work, do my job, change back into my riding clothes and go home. No one has ever bothered me about it. Sorry to hear that man.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:29 AM

What do you do for work? Someone obviously wants you fired....

Old 03-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Default Sounds like crap to me

Ya that definetaly sounds like someone dosent like you for some reason or another. I see know problem with what your doing, I do the same thing and have no problems. I can only think that your sup. will be reasonable and tell the people complaining that you are completely within dress code as long as when your on the clock you are in your work cloths. Hope the situation works out to your favor.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:44 AM

how dare you try and keep warm... its just not workin out Kuro , clean out yer locker leave the lock

Old 03-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
My sup warned me today that people were complaining about me being out of uniform at work. The part of my clothes that weren't company issued? My winter coat. So a coat I obviously wouldn't wear while working (suede & fur lined) and can remove in less than a second to meet compliance is out of uniform.

The problem will be when I ride to work wearing my jacket and riding jeans. They've made comments before (not my sup) about it. But apparently they're serious this year, even calling my sup on his day off about my coat. If they think I'll even consider not wearing my gear when I ride we're gonna have some serious words. Considering precalling my lawyer for advice about this.
Does your supervisor care all that much? It's one thing for someone to complain, and it's another thing for the supervisor to give a ****.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:04 PM

Digging into this now. I'm not the only person catching chit but mine is the most irrelevant. Other guys are showing up in sneakers and jeans. But a winter coat, under which my full uniform is on, makes no sense. When I ride in I usually get there 15 min early so I can change. But they've said chit bout that in the past. Or me wearing a ballcap that's not company issue (Hershey Park & Las Vegas).

Old 03-03-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by cbrzilla10
Does your supervisor care all that much? It's one thing for someone to complain, and it's another thing for the supervisor to give a ****.
He only gives a chit because they're reporting it to his boss.

Quick Reply: bout to have a problem ar work