Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bought a new Yamaha!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a new Yamaha!

Hey all, now that the site is back up, been dying to tell you guys and gals about my new bike. I bought a 2007 Yamaha xt225 this wekend! I have been looking at enduros forever and finally said F it and got one. My reason....I spend allot of time on trails and logging roads, and I was getting out less and less because deisel gas is way high, and obviously my cbr can't get me out there. I wanted a friendly commuter with good mpg, cheap ins. and something that could go from pavement to dirt in a blink. So I got the XT225. Also, I wanted something with good manners as I have ZERO experience with dirt, trails, or the bikes that use them. My first impression was "this is too cool, like a big toy, very forgiving, easy to learn, confidence inspiring, even to a novice like me. Th only thing that is taking some geting used to is the power. I'm not used to twisting the throttle around and shifting three times to get up to 55mph. But, I can cruise it all day long at 65-70mph with ease, its getting close to 70mpg and my insurance, full coverage is 53 bucks a year.....whats not to like about that? I took monday off with the new bike and stuffed my thompson contender in 309JDJ in a back-pack and hit the trails. I went through all my favorite trails with ease, up and over some mild logs and rocks, and visited a few isolated lakes. I didn't call in any coyotes but I did bust a few crows. And when I got home, I filled her back up for a whopping 4.86! Can't beat that kind of fun I tell ya! I wanted to stay with Honda, but my wallet didn't. A comparable honda was significantly more $$$$. I can see my wife riding this and my oldest son also, so maybe a bigger bike is in the future? All in all I am extemely happy, such a fun cool ride, takes me anywhere I want to go. I don't think the CBR will get jelous, she and I know she is still number one, but the Yami sure is fun and opens up a whole new world on two wheels!

Old 05-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Bought a new Yamaha!

Sounds like fun, wish i had something for the dirt, but too many toys already. oh and of course

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 05-21-2008, 10:59 PM

Old 05-21-2008, 11:06 PM

Awe c'mon, have mercy on such an E-tard, I thought it was my computer crashing that couldn't bring the forum up, luckily and for once it wasn't me!!!! I'll get picks up soon I promise!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:13 PM

Good pickup! Trailbikes are very fun, and your right they are easy to ride.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:30 PM

Congrats Shock!
MMMMM... Dirt!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:40 PM

I was waiting for you to chime in cbrcrf! Now if I ever get around to calling you once a nice day (those days can be eluding) we can go dirt or street riding, either way you'll have to wait up for me!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:50 PM

Oh I doubt that (You can time me with a sun dial).
Youre lucky. You get to go from street to dirt back to street. I go from back of truck to dirt to back of truck. HAHA.
Good weather is almost here... I hope[&:]

Old 05-21-2008, 11:55 PM

funny stuff! we can have a slow contest, or thats what we'll call it and it'll be the safest ride ever!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:18 AM

I just looked it up. Not a bad looking bike. Pretty quiet huh?

Quick Reply: Bought a new Yamaha!