Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bought a new CBR 600RR.. Didint see this coming!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, i tried contacting a lawyer. he stated that to take the case it would have to be over 5k. That this is a matter for Small claims Court.

The Seller of the bike is uner the impression that its not his problem to get me my money untill he gets his!

I Did a background check on him. He was in military. And the only trouble he has ever been in is for speeding.

I think he should either sell his bike and pay me. Or find a way to pay me! He sold stolen property And i think it would be in his best intrest to take care of it!

The police said the bike was stolen from st petersburg area. So if anyone know original owner I am happy for him! And im sorry for what he went through!

But i wish i had a way to solve my issue now!

Old 01-22-2010, 02:21 PM

Did you get a bill of sale or any kind of handwriten receipt that you both signed to ever prove this went down? Word vs. word will probably get you nowhere, gotta have some kind of proof of the transaction

Old 01-22-2010, 02:49 PM

Well i have the title. In fla both partys sign the title just like a car in any other state!

PLus the police called him. he admitted to selling bike. he admitted to selling it for 3750. He even sent me text messages saying he will get me 3750 he just does not know when! He says when he gets his money ill get mine! But im pretty sure this will not be happining!

Old 01-22-2010, 03:32 PM

Well thats a good strong start, I'd see if you can file some kind of report against him in writing ... be it a police statement, or a formal letter that is an agreement he will pay you back the ammount in full no later than XX/XX/XX and get him to sign it, then notarize it thru a bank or something. That'd be about the best route I can think of for ya to help cover your *** in case dude never pays (don't be suprised). Best of luck man

Old 01-22-2010, 05:14 PM

take him to court immediately. Get the paper trail going

Old 01-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well both parties are at fault really, both for not running a check on the bike b4 either bought it. I've seen it too many times, you're purdy much screwed. You can take the seller to court, but I doubt it ends the way you want it too, then you're out that cost too. I mean I understand your feelings on it, but unless the seller knew it was stolen when he sold it to you, hes no more liable than you would have been if you just turned around n sold it.

What did he turn around n buy do yanno??

Old 01-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm still kinda wondering how they discovered the bike was stolen. Did the dealership run the engine s/n?

You can prolly take him to small claims court and you'll prolly win a judgement. But a judgement is worth the paper its written on

Old 01-22-2010, 06:48 PM

Im not a lawyer....but I am a 1st year law student. In Canada in my jurisdiction its buyer beware...always check for clear title before you give over the money. Sorry to hear about that, that really sucks.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:03 PM

it was a clear title, with that the swapped vin nobody knew about. He did everything he could on his end. You need to sue the seller right now. He loses. If it wasn't him who did the scam, then it is upon him to sue the scammer to get his money back.

Get the court judgement. Get moving on this now or your gonna lose your money entirely

Old 01-22-2010, 09:35 PM

Poor reading on my part. Perhaps there is a way to sue for breach of contract as he paid for vin "X" and actually received vin "Y". By not receiving the goods paid and agreed on there was never really an agreement and the money should be returned, at least on one level of thinking.

These are the worse sorts of senerio's when there are more than one potentially innocent party involved. Of course the seller may have been bad too, hard to tell.

Quick Reply: Bought a new CBR 600RR.. Didint see this coming!