Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bought another car last night.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 02:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought another car last night.

so i've been looking for a decent, fast 5.0 foxbody 5spd for about a year now, and finally found one that i liked.

its a 93 mustang,
306 ci
forged 10:1 pistons
forged h beam rods
edelbrock cylinder heads #60399
1.6 ratio roller rockers
.512 lift ford f cam
trick flow intake manifold
75mm throttle body
24# injectors
255 lph fuel pump
long tube headers
h pipe
flowmasters
tuned sct chip
175 wet nitrous w/ bottle warmer, purge, 2 10# bottle setup
msd ignition
astro performance super alloy t-5 transmission w/ .59 OD
fms aluminum driveshaft
tri-ax shifter
3.73:1 Motorsport gears Installed in december
new brakes, ss lines
upper and lower control arms in rear
spherical upper bushings
eibach springs
tokico shocks and struts
kenny brown subframe connectors

best 1/4 on motor:13.4
best 1/4 on nitrous:11.9

only pic i have now, thats at his apt before i bought it. im not crazy about the color, or the wheels, but its a sweet mustang. it drives and shifts great, its my first v-8 and my first manual transmission car

Old 05-12-2007, 03:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bought another car last night.

5 point slow

Old 05-12-2007, 03:23 AM

Nice car. I was always more of a chevy guy, but really dig the 85 mustangs before they went fuel injected, but thats a sharp car. Someone put allot of time and $$$ into it. Are you going to do some more, maybe a 4-link and some tubs? Congrats on the nice ride.

Old 05-12-2007, 03:48 AM

I like it...nice looking car and you will love it I'm sure...

Old 05-12-2007, 05:41 AM

one of my riding buddies, and i **** you not has a civic, with 623 at the wheels, bored out , turboed tuned like a mother, still isnt running full boost bcuz he wouldnt be able to control it, full cage yad yad, 10.42 1/4 mile at 142 miles per hour...f'in crazy... i am not a fan of honda cars by no means but damn... he would destroy that thing. with that said, it in a nice car though ima fan of fords. if the paint and wheels are buggin ya that bad, i guess its an easy fix, but it looks good as is untill yah can change it to your likin

Old 05-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

5 point slow
Shoot son, whatchoo talking about!

But yeah - that's not a, "decent" foxbody... that's someone's heart and soul. You're driving someone elses car!

I'm looking for a mint 82 square-light 4cyl. with T-tops to convert... it's hard, real hard. Rare cars.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

I was always more of a chevy guy
yea i was to, and my dad as well, of gm guys rather. but ive never disliked ford, and always liked the mustangs

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

one of my riding buddies, and i **** you not has a civic, with 623 at the wheels, bored out , turboed tuned like a mother, still isnt running full boost bcuz he wouldnt be able to control it, full cage yad yad, 10.42 1/4 mile at 142 miles per hour...
well there's always something faster than whatever you've got

yea the guy down the street has boosted 3 civics into the 10's and theyll definetely kill any 4 wheeled car in my garage, but thats getting into the realm of cars you just dont want to drive on the street

Old 05-12-2007, 11:33 AM

one of my riding buddies, and i **** you not has a civic, with 623 at the wheels, bored out , turboed tuned like a mother, still isnt running full boost bcuz he wouldnt be able to control it, full cage yad yad, 10.42 1/4 mile at 142 miles per hour...f'in crazy... i am not a fan of honda cars by no means but damn... he would destroy that thing. with that said, it in a nice car though ima fan of fords. if the paint and wheels are buggin ya that bad, i guess its an easy fix, but it looks good as is untill yah can change it to your likin
Now imagine of he put that kind on money into a real car how fast it would go. You take the 20g's he put into that little roller skate and you throw it under the hood of that 5.0 and see who's in front.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: K0NPHL1C7

Now imagine of he put that kind on money into a real car how fast it would go. You take the 20g's he put into that little roller skate and you throw it under the hood of that 5.0 and see who's in front.
Exactly. Thats been my argument for a long time. Theres no replacement for displacement. Tons of money into a 4 banger turboed and front wheel drive, or put that money into a big-block that'll turn out an honest 400hp with no sweat and be streetable, and a good posi with steep gears.mmmmm BUT, on the other side, you gotta work with what you got, it's getting harder and harder to find good ole Detroit steel at a good price so you can put money into other mods. But civics are a dime a dozen and parts abound. I really hate to say it, but with gas prices, the aftermarket, and popularity, I think hot-rodding is becomming a rich guy hobbie. I gave it up a long time ago. Used to go junk yard browsing to find a posi rear end, long blocks, intakes and heads to re-work, but it got pretty difficult to find good stuff, and really expensive really fast, even doing all the work myself.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:58 PM

always like the mustangs except the 94-98....but if I got one would have to be a brand new one...

+ 1
"Theres no replacement for displacement"

Quick Reply: Bought another car last night.