Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is Bonds Guilty?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Bonds Guilty?

I have been a fan of the Giants for years (I love the Yankees more, though), and have supported Barry Bonds under the premise that he has never tested positive for steroids. His whole career is now in jeopardy...his titles are potentially tainted (if not already), and he may never make the hall of fame. It is a shame, because before he started juicing, he was on his way to being a first ballot player. His defense alone would have gotten him in. I have a problem with the fact that there was a decade of steroid use. The McGuire/Sosa race brought many people back to baseball, and the powers that be turneda blind eyetoa problem that was already ravaging the sport. Now, it is chic in the baseball worldto bring players up for charges. It is too late for that in my opinion. The commissioner could have been more aggressive earlier on. I think if Bonds has to wear an asterisk, then so should that @$$hole Bud Selig. I think that cheating is unforgivable, but what about all the other players that juiced during that same era? Why is Bonds the only target on this witch hunt? When I consider all things, though, I am ashamed that Barry Bonds holds the title for most career and seasonhomeruns, and I have been a supporter of him in the past. Sports these days are taking a beating...everyone seems to want to cheat rather than earn it. What a shame! [:@]

Old 11-17-2007, 08:53 PM
VP
Default RE: Is Bonds Guilty?

Well, I know how you voted

Bonds* is guilty and I do not support him

He* is* a* douchebag*

Old 11-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vp sums it up pretty well *****

And God bless you for mentioning the Yankees!

Old 11-17-2007, 09:53 PM

Bonds was a stud back in his younger years, and there definitely was no need to start juicing in order to get into the Hall. However, thats the route he went. So I say its his own damn fault. He will get into the hall no matter what because he is the all-time hr record holder, that is until Arod passes him.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:27 PM

This is one of the reasons I gravitated toward motorsports, F1 and MotoGP in particular. Steroids won't help you know when to brake later than the next guy and still make the corner. You never see a racing driver busted for blow and under-age hookers either. All of those things turned me off to American team sports, which sucks, but I think loyalty and respect should be earned honestly.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl
...but what about all the other players that juiced during that same era? Why is Bonds the only target on this witch hunt?
While I don't really care for Bonds one way or another I've never really despised him as much as most seem to, but with that said; this is NOT a witch hunt. He was not the "only" target - he was "part" of an investigation into alleged steroid use in MLB (they had many others at the hearings) .. he had full immunity for anything he said at the hearing and nothing he said was going to be used against him personally. The ONLY thing that could be used against him is if he lied: PERJURY which is an integral part of the judicious system, without it there's chaos. So basically the hunt is because they claim he "knowingly" lied at the hearings and claim they have evidence supporting that fact .. so we shall see because his lawyer claims they're full of sheit and they can't prove anything.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Retired Moderator

Giambi spilled the beans at his hearing. Next thing you know, a private hearing was at full disclosurefor the whole world. The perjury thing isn't aseasy to prove as one might think. I don't know. **** situation for a **** league. I remember after the strike that leftfans withouta world series, I said I would never watch baseball again (yeah right). I hate sports, actually. F_ck the Red Socks, f_ck the Spurs, and f_ck Rashad Evans!

Old 11-18-2007, 11:55 AM

No betta way to spend tax payers money. I luv BB (I went to 19 games this year and maybe watched over 175 different games) but come on mannnnnnnnnn who cares...........Seriously.............. How about the Middle East and our own real problems at home wit health care, SS, and impeaching Bush! Long time Met fan here and when he was freeagent in 93 I wanted him playin centerfield but hey alot has happen between now and then. Why does congress care so much about BB but then again there is still Wrestling![:@]

Old 11-18-2007, 11:58 AM
RCR

steroids don't help your hand /eye cordination only the distance he hits it. He did this to himself so "You play you pay" rule applies here. He had the skills to break records he chose to cheat....

Old 11-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

No betta way to spend tax payers money. I luv BB (I went to 19 games this year and maybe watched over 175 different games) but come on mannnnnnnnnn who cares...........Seriously.............. How about the Middle East and our own real problems at home wit health care, SS, and impeaching Bush...Why does congress care so much about BB but then again there is still Wrestling![:@]
I agree! What a waste of money. I hate seeing those hearings with all the holier than thou senators/congressmen on the board. I wold like to take each of their lives, put it under a microscope, and let the whole world see what perverted, lying, corrupt, 2 girls in one cup watchin', double speaking, liars they are. Who are they to cast the first stone. Sorry guys and gals...I just kind of went off topic.

Quick Reply: Is Bonds Guilty?