Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bogus Ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bammer. I'm in northern Nevada, but I'll check that out.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:35 PM

ya same here, stuck in carson city

Old 07-06-2010, 03:51 PM

sorry to hear about the ticket man just know your not alone in the fight, I got a careless driving ticket saturday afternoon for following my freind while he was doing a rolling burnout and i did nothing wrong but oh well imma love this court date good luck with your ticket man i hope u can get it worked out and that sux its so exspensive where u live its 160 dollars for careless driving in mississippi

Old 07-07-2010, 09:24 AM

lol write your own posts this time.

"light waiting for it to turn green, looking around to see if there are any cars anywhere... mainly, any cops."

did i miss something?

10+ with front end coming up; what else is the cop supposed to think?

Old 07-07-2010, 12:19 PM

To be honest the cop was a dick. I work with them closely everyday and if your front end goes up and down right away is a clear sign of an accident not an on purpose wheelie. How many people just pop em? You ride em, you pop them if you suck at it or it was an accident. The speeding is what I think the cop was on about but he came back down to normal operating speed.

Hands down the police office was in a bad mood and took it out on him.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by monsterjeepn
... Once I get straight, there are still no cars, so I decide to finally open up my bike a bit.
That's the part you're missing. I was looking around for cops because I figured I would probably go a little bit over the speed limit and didn't want to get a SPEEDING TICKET. My point being that I did not mean to pull the front end up as evidenced by the fact that the front came up and immediately went back down. If I was meaning to pull a wheelie, I'm sure I could have done it a LOT farther down the street than the 20 or so feet it was off the ground. Not to mention that if I was trying to pull a wheelie, the front tire would be more than 2 feet off the road surface.

Bammer, yeah I'm sure he was probably just in a bad mood. Or he could have been upset that I was carrying a firearm. But I legally do that everywhere I go (CCW license as well as Nevada being an open carry state), so I don't see why he would dislike that unless it "hurt his feelings" or he felt his "authority" was threatened. Oh well. I'm definitely going to see what I can get it reduced to. I found a lawyer who has a pretty good price for this sort of case and I might go talk to him later this week or next week just to see what he thinks he can do.

grida600rr, that is definitely bogus! How can the cop nail you on that when HE was the one doing the burnout? That sucks. Good luck with that!

Old 07-07-2010, 12:46 PM

Bammer, yeah I'm sure he was probably just in a bad mood. Or he could have been upset that I was carrying a firearm. But I legally do that everywhere I go (CCW license as well as Nevada being an open carry state), so I don't see why he would dislike that unless it "hurt his feelings" or he felt his "authority" was threatened.
I work up at the Supreme Court in Carson City and to be honest the police hate the open carry. Makes them very nervous. At least the ones I work with and speak too. I think he was just in a bad mood and you were the first one he could take it out on. If you show the evidence I feel it will be reduced. I am no lawyer but I do work with them and if they can get OJ off of murder I think one could get you out of a ticket

Old 07-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to explain what happened in court as the only thing I really did wrong was speed (a LITTLE bit) and see if that lessens the punishment a bit.
So, did you go to court yet? If so, what was the outcome?

Old 07-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You were looking too hard for cops. Cops smell fear like sharks smell blood in the water. Soon as you began checking around cops, his Spider Sense started tingling and he put down the donuts to find out why

Seriously tho, you were wrong and got caught. Go at it alone, hoping for mercy and you may as well bring your own Vaseline. That way if the judge decides he needs some, he won't grab the can that's premixed with sand. Or another way of saying this:

"A man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client"

Old 07-19-2010, 02:15 PM

Jeff, no I haven't gone to court yet. Court date is set for August 2nd.

Kuroshio, I kinda like that explanation haha.

Update for all, I talked to a court Bailiff the other day. He said I should plead not guilty, after which they will send me straight to negotiations with the DA, where I can explain my case and negotiate for traffic school. He said if I do that, they are 99% likely to reduce the ticket to 15-20 over (which is only a 2 point ticket). That would be nice. That's what I was thinking about doing anyway, but the fact that the bailiff also told me to do that, just makes it that much better...

Quick Reply: Bogus Ticket?