Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bogus Ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have proof that you've only had it a month? That may help you explain you didn't know it could do that. That is, if they buy that story. Plus, the revs required to lift the bike up as a power wheelie are pretty high, so he could have heard you from a far distance, especially without other cars on the road. It may be hard to shake this one off. Goodluck.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:11 AM

+1 Havoc. Suck it up. You were having fun and got caught. You would be out doing it again right now if you hadn't got the ticket. Ignorance is no defence especially if you've ridden 16 years.
Don't do the crime if you can't afford the consequence.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:31 AM

Yeah man fight it. If you purposely did a wheelie, it woulda been down the whole street; not just a few feet. But the giving it gas part was the leading factor to being caught so its just a consequence. Anyway, good luck!

Last edited by Speedemon636; 07-04-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:56 AM

you said that you "looked around" for cops and decided everything was clear. Why would you look for cops if you were doing something perfectly legal?

Old 07-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you go to court on your own and fight it you're really taking a chance that the judge might not rule in your favor. Even if he sympathizes with you a little and reduces the fine you'll still be stuck with a C&I ticket on your record and your insurance will have kittens with that one and not just your bike insurance, if you have any other motor vehicles.

If you hire an attorney through one of those traffic law centers and they get it reduced to a parking ticket you'll pay more initially for their services but you'll save in the long run in insurance premiums. Plus, you'll have some breathing room if you get a speeding ticket over the next 3 years and you won't risk having your license suspended.

Let us know how it turns out.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:15 AM

Good luck explaining that one to the judge. They weren't born yesterday. I appreciate your efforts to keep our insurance premiums high.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:29 AM

Old men can Wheelie!?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
you said that you "looked around" for cops and decided everything was clear. Why would you look for cops if you were doing something perfectly legal?
Read original post. And pay attention this time. I said I wanted to open up my bike a bit for the first time. This may include going a BIT over the speed limit and I didn't want to get a speeding ticket...

Old 07-06-2010, 01:53 PM

Unfortunately I think everyone is right, I probably won't get this reduced much, if at all. I might try talking to a lawyer, but we'll see.

Tacoma, you're more than welcome! *cough* smarta$$ *cough* Don't try to tell me you've never broken the law on your bike. Nice try though.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:12 PM

If I remember right your in Nevada like me. I have talked to a few people who say this company works. Not sure if you are in southern or northern

http://www.theticketfixer.com/tickets.html

Quick Reply: Bogus Ticket?