Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bobcats-- yes the animal.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bobcats-- yes the animal.....

I was out side last night smoking when i heard this loud *** scream. Like a women was being killed. So first things first you call the cops right? No not when you see a damn bobcat run across the yard. I dont know why im tell you all this but it was nuts!!! I killed a ground hog about 4days ago and tossed it out in the woods. (was destroying the lawn) It found it and more or less i gave it a free mean. I hope it gets a chipped tooth on that groundhog the bullet was still in him..... But has anyone else ever seen one of these crazy lil guys. They arent all that big but damn fast and damn loud. walked out there a little while ago with the 12g to see if i could find out if its living back there or just passing through because we have little kids and dogs and couldnt find a resting place. But scary as hell.....

Old 10-07-2009, 05:13 PM

no but i have a cougar that likes to hang around the back corner of my field. seriously, the first time i saw it i was ont he four wheeler with my neighbor and it scared the **** outta the both of us. since then i have seen it once more and my neighbors saw it just the other day again.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would love to see that, we don't have any wild cats here in S'tralia apart from moggies that have gone bush & become feral. There are a few stories getting around about Panthers being seen in the Blue Mountains (West of Sydney) supposedly escaped from a circus, but it's a bit like Bigfoot, in that no real evidence.
About the only thing we have to worry about is maybe the odd angry roo, dingo or wombat, (but they don't hang out close to cities) & maybe the Funnel Web spider (mating season is summer, when the males go a courting) & the buggers can end up in your house. Given the choice of meeting a wild cat or funnel, I'll go with the cat.

Name:  sydney_funnel_web_spider.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  28.1 KB

Last edited by pacemaker; 10-07-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya they can be scary. My dad and i were riding our dirtbikes up some trails near our house a few years back and saw a mountain lion running like hell. I think the loudness of the bikes scared it. Still crazy as hell though.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:49 PM

the little F*cker was just on my pourch we just got back from the bar and it was there...l. WTF.. It ran like hell in to the woods so i went after it. Stupid i know but i want to get the point across to it to stay the hell away..... GRRR im frickin pissed we have a indoor outdoor cat i hate that f*ucker too but dont want to see it killed by a bobcat a car maybe but not a bobcat.... *sleeping with the good ol' 22*

Old 10-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha sounds like you need to go get you a cheap steak from walmart, invite a friend over, buy a twelve pack(also sold at walmart), and set up some lawn chairs with the steak out and wait for it.

OR

Just get a cage and bait it and in a day or two if you catch it call someone or just shoot it.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

FFFFUUUUU funnel spiders give me the creeps, feisty angry buggers.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:18 PM

I have seen them a few times, harmless little guys to humans actually. The way I see it it you have a few options. 1. Call local Game Commision, They will catch the little guy and release him/her away from civilization. 2. Leave him/her alone. Once it realizes there is no food source it will move on, feeds into your passing threw theory. 3. That gauge you have, let her sing her song with the cat is around. I am NOT saying shoot the cat but a shot into the ground or a close by tree should scare it off.

Thats just what I would do. Take it how you want.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Registered Users

Not seen one

Old 10-13-2009, 07:34 AM

Back when i was in high school a buddy of mine was driving in to school an stopped on the side of the road to get somthing out of his trunk. When he got back in the car there was a bobcat sitting in the back seat. my friend be the crazy a$$hole that he is didnt stop the car and get back out, no no he punched the thing in the face and grabbed a lil billy club that he keeps in his car and beat the thing to death. Now i know this sounds like something out of a movie but i **** you not this really happened. He walked into school all covered in blood and our on duty school cop took him to the scene so he could prove that it really happened cuz nobody would believe him..sure enough when the 2 of them got back to the spot there was the bobcat laying lifeless on the side of the road!

Quick Reply: Bobcats-- yes the animal.....