Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bisping Vs Leben

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 10:18 AM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bisping Vs Leben

Yea I meant Silva. Silva is untouchable right now.

I agree with the Vera dance, I think if you have a winning dance you need a gay losing one also.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:02 PM

sorry all, been away for a few days. ok, here we go, no particular order. as far as faber goes the dude is an amazing fighter, but all good things must come to an end, and he will be beaten soon, and with his upcoming fight against mike brown, he needs to keep on his toes and not lose focus, or he WILL end up in trouble. anderson silva is probably the top fighter in the world right now, along with GSP and fedor as far as im concenred, but its going to be someone we would never expect to take his title, you watch. mabye Cote???!!! I love Matt hamill, sad to see him lose to franklin, but a good fight and both very good sports at the end. Vera will take Jardien in the second round, or, good ol keith will ko his a** in the first, but he needs to get it done in the first round or his chances are slim. fights are tonight @ 9 where i am at, so we will see. will be on and off the site tonight, so state your opinion. thanks

Old 10-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered Users

so much for it being live, dont look below if you dont want to know who won

this is right off ffrom ufc.com

OFFICIAL EVENT RESULTS:

Fight card
Bout Winner
Winning Method
Round
Minute

Michael Bisping Vs. Chris Leben
Michael Bisping
Unanimous Decision

Keith Jardine Vs. Brandon Vera
Keith Jardine
Split Decision

Rameau Sokoudjou Vs. Luiz Cane
Luiz Cane
Technical Knock Out

Paul Taylor Vs. Chris Lytle
Chris Lytle
Unanimous Decision

Paul Kelly Vs. Marcus Davis
Marcus Davis
Submission (Choke)

Dan Hardy Vs. Akihiro Gono
Dan Hardy
Split Decision

Shane Carwin Vs. Neil Wain
Shane Carwin
Technical Knock Out

Jess Liaudin Vs. David Bielkheden
David Bielkheden
Unanimous Decision

Sam Stout Vs. Terry Etim
Terry Etim
Unanimous Decision

David Baron Vs. Jim Miller
Jim Miller
Submission (Choke)

Per Eklund Vs. Samy Schiavo
Per Eklund
Submission (Choke)

Old 10-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GSP is one of my favorite fighters. Not necessarily because he's incredible as a fighter. Versatile on the ground, standing up and in the clinch. But what I like most about him is his humility and being an incredible good sport. Watch right after he beat Jon Fitch. He kneels down there with him and just has a word. A gentleman, and a badass at that. I think he'd beat Anderson Silva.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:42 AM

I agree, GSP is one of my all time favorite fighters too. Hes humble and is willing to fight anyone. And, he is honored to fight anyone. no trash talking.

On the fight. I was pretty impressed with Lebans condition. He looked good.A lot better than he has in the past. It was a decent fight.I was kind of shocked by Lebans lack of getting out of the way of punches. the dude never moved his head, he just kept coming forward. I remember him being kind of a reckless fighter, but that was just odd watching him get nailed without any expression on his face.

I think the judges scored it right, although I still dislike Bisping, he did act a little better this time around. he seemed a bit more humble. But I still dont like him.

Agree 100 percent on Vera. I dislike the guys antics in the ring. Its fine if someone jumps the fence and sits on top of it in excitement, but to do a stupid dance afterwards annoys the **** out of me. On the fight, there was a lot of action, but for some reason, I got bored watching it. I'm not sure why, but it was a boring fight to me.

the only fight that suprised me was Chris Lytle. I thought he lost the fight, it was close, but I had him loosing. But, Im not a judge.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:13 AM

Boy am I glad it was free and not PPV. I would have hated to pay any amount of $$ for those fights. Pretty uneventful IMO

Old 10-19-2008, 02:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to be kidding me, Martin. The night had a few really great fights. I wouldn't have felt bad paying for tonight.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:34 AM

Ok, some fights were decent. Still wouldnt have paid. Although I will be paying for the next two.