Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bisping Vs Leben

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 02:34 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bisping Vs Leben

bisping middle of round 2

taking a detour for a moment what do ya'll think about Uriah Faber ? http://www.wec.tv/index.cfm?fa=fight...il&pid=539
he is from here in sacramento,ca and when he is out at the bars is actually anice guy.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If Chuck Liddell doesn't stop telegraphing that looping overhand right, his career is over. It's a beautiful move, and a showstopper when it works but people are way too aware of it now. That's why Rashad gave him such a brutal ko, he knew exactly how Liddell fights, no surprises.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:36 AM

Faber is a super tough dude. Only weakness in his game is his conditioning. It's not terrible, but when Little Evil put him in the late rounds where he'd never been, he was quite visibly slower. If Pulver's conditioning had been a tad better, he'd have handed Faber a loss.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:21 AM

Faber is a super tough dude. Only weakness in his game is his conditioning. It's not terrible, but when Little Evil put him in the late rounds where he'd never been, he was quite visibly slower. If Pulver's conditioning had been a tad better, he'd have handed Faber a loss.

I dunno, for a guy that has never gone that far in a fight, I thought his conditioning was great. And little evil isone tough *** dude. Between the two, I thought Faber's conditioning towards the end of the fight was better than Pulver's, a seasoned pro that has been there so many times before. he still threwa ton of kicks, landed quite a few shots, still tookJens down, Idont think the guy everstopped bouncing on his feet... the guy is amazing. I think it really substaniated Faber that much more as a top world class fighter. I dont think Jens could have come in any better than he did, it just shows how good Fabers conditioning really is.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC
bisping middle of round 2
i have to agree with you here.

taking a detour for a moment what do ya'll think about Uriah Faber ?
Can't stand the little punk! when i look at him my first thought is "Sunshine" off Remember The Titans. i think hes too much of a pretty boy.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Retired Moderator

Leban Schmeban!!! That guy just plain bugs me. I liked Bisping in the show, but I don't see him as the next great fighter. What's the PPV cost for this fight? Probably too much.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

free on spike tv

Old 10-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Retired Moderator

Free...too f_cking much! Hahahahaha!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 12:06 AM
RCR

Wow alot of Bisping fans

Bisping has been given easy fights in his tour of the UFC. Leben on the other hand has been feed real fighters

Bisping 17-1 (6-1 in ufc)
Leben 18-4 (10-3 in ufc)

Bisping has only 2 real fights Evans and Hamill. He won Hamill but it was controversial the rest were gimmies

Leben on the other hand has had Swick, Silvia, Cote, Rivera and Macdonald. All 5 of these guys have been top contenders and some have fought for the title.

Not a huge fan of either guy but my money is on Leben unless it goes to the judges and we all know how the UK card seems to favor some people.

More interested in the Jarden vs Vera fight.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:40 AM

ORIGINAL: RCR

Wow alot of Bisping fans

Bisping has been given easy fights in his tour of the UFC. Leben on the other hand has been feed real fighters

Bisping 17-1 (6-1 in ufc)
Leben 18-4 (10-3 in ufc)

Bisping has only 2 real fights Evans and Hamill. He won Hamill but it was controversial the rest were gimmies

Leben on the other hand has had Swick, Silvia, Cote, Rivera and Macdonald. All 5 of these guys have been top contenders and some have fought for the title.

Not a huge fan of either guy but my money is on Leben unless it goes to the judges and we all know how the UK card seems to favor some people.

More interested in the Jarden vs Vera fight.
Not trying to be a dick, but did you mean Silva? Because you simply can't overlook that fight. People were shocked as sheit at Leben being knocked out in less than a minute. I'm extremely amped for the Jardine fight as well. I hate Brandon Vera's ridiculously gay dancing after he wins a fight. It's embarassing to watch. Crap like that pisses me off. It's like it's a child in there, not an adult who's been in a fight. It seems like so many fighters don't have any dignity in there. But I don't need to get started on that.