Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bisping Vs Leben

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bisping Vs Leben

hello all. just wondering who thought what about saturdays fight? Iam a hardcore MMA fan, have been training for about a year and a half, so I know quite a bit (of course not everything), but in my opinion, i think in the end Micheal Bisping will have another win in his column. ChrisLeben has taken on a new style since his loss to Anderson Silva and his two fights following, but has since won against Terry (weak chin) Martin. Leben claims to be more technical with his striking since his loss to Silva. On the other hand Bisping is down to the 185 weight class (middleweight) and is pretty "cut", only with one blemish on his record with a decision to Rashad Evans at 205 (light heavyweight). In the end if Leben doesn't Knock him out before the end of round one, Bisping will finish him in the next two, before it goes to decision, this fight will not go to the judges. thats my prediction, what's yours?

Old 10-16-2008, 10:20 PM
RCR
Default RE: Bisping Vs Leben

Leban FTW half way in round 2

Old 10-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Registered Users

bisping will win it hands down within the first 3 minutes of round 1 by TKO

Old 10-16-2008, 11:34 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

There is no way Bisping wont' knock his *** out in the first two rounds

Old 10-16-2008, 11:55 PM

Im pretty sure Bisping will win. Leban hasnt impressed me at all, not even one time.His " Im the baddest dude ever" attitude is just terrible considering he has had hisazz beat so many times. I really dont carefor the guy.

Having said that, I hope Bisping gets his azz handed to him. Ever since I saw the fight between him and Matt Hamell, I lost a ton or respect for the guy. Matt man handled Bisping the whole fight, but won on a decision because he was in his own backyard. Then after Matt dominated him on standup, he had the nerve to tell Matt to go back to wrestling. Ever since that fight, he can kiss my azz for support. I liked him before that even though he is cocky, but that just showed what type of person he really is. I have no respect for Bisping.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: justasquid

Im pretty sure Bisping will win. Leban hasnt impressed me at all, not even one time.His " Im the baddest dude ever" attitude is just terrible considering he has had hisazz beat so many times. I really dont carefor the guy.

Having said that, I hope Bisping gets his azz handed to him. Ever since I saw the fight between him and Matt Hamell, I lost a ton or respect for the guy. Matt man handled Bisping the whole fight, but won on a decision because he was in his own backyard. Then after Matt dominated him on standup, he had the nerve to tell Matt to go back to wrestling. Ever since that fight, he can kiss my azz for support. I liked him before that even though he is cocky, but that just showed what type of person he really is. I have no respect for Bisping.
As to the first part, I'm not so sure. First of all, Leben hasn't had his *** beaten "so many times". Dude is 18-4, that's a pretty damn fine record. I think Leben has shown marked improvement over the last few years. He's grown up in terms of actual maturity ( I think having the responsibility of running a gym helped with that) and he's changed how he approaches fights. He seems to realize that gungho in your face doesn't win all fights and he needs to strategize.

Secondly, I'm 100percent with you on the Matt Hamill/Bisping fight. Though it was closer than a lot of people think (you have to know how the scores are actually done) Hamill in my mind clearly controlled the vast majority of the fight and had better positioning all throughout. I love Hamill, dude is classy 100 percent and didn't raise a stink. Bisping should have been a gentleman about being manhandled and given Hamill some credit.

All that being said, Bisping doesn't hit hard but he is quite a good striker and is fine on his feet or on the ground. Most of his shots seem to hit the mark and he pulls crazy moves out of his hat at times that actually work. Leben is questionable on his growth as a fighter in terms of technical aspects, but dude has a concrete block for a chin, and a couple bricks for fists.

I think it's going to be close, and my mind says somehow Bisping gets a lucky crack in, but I'm going with Leben late in round 2.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:27 AM

As to the first part, I'm not so sure. First of all, Leben hasn't had his *** beaten "so many times". Dude is 18-4, that's a pretty damn fine record. I think Leben has shown marked improvement over the last few years. He's grown up in terms of actual maturity ( I think having the responsibility of running a gym helped with that) and he's changed how he approaches fights. He seems to realize that gungho in your face doesn't win all fights and he needs to strategize.
yeah, I see your point. He does have a very good record. But he just has that same diego (dirty sanchez) attitude that he is unstopable.I thinkmy first impression of himon the Ultimate Fighter show has stuck with me. I will have to admit I havent seen any of his recent fights because I just dont care to watch him fight. So maybeI should retract my previous statement, but I'll have to wait and see.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:28 AM

ORIGINAL: justasquid

+1 Leban is rather cocky but I'd like to see him knock Bisping out in the first round.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diego Sanchez actually seems like a cool kid outside of the ring. It's hard to judge a person just by their ring personality. If you don't go in with the thought that you are a destroyer, then you're more than likely going to be quietly gathering your teeth after you wake up. In interviews outside of actual fights, he seems like he's pretty down to earth.

I've paid a lot of attention to Leben after TUF. He really has changed a lot since then. He's no longer the bed pissing drunk he used to be. I don't hate Bisping, in fact I liked him quite a bit on his season of TUF.... it just really rubbed me the wrong way after fighting a great guy like Hamill to pay no respect.

Now Kendall Grove? Hell yeah, knock that pos out ten ways til sunday. I'd love to see him dominated.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:27 AM

I wont make any predictions (as I'm still mourning the Chuck Liddell loss) But I would like to see Leben get his *** kicked. Not really a fan of the guy.