Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Billion to one shot.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My eye is completely back to normal. The flushing and polysporin eye formula did the job and quick. Thanks for asking.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, the Luke Skywalker reference nails it. Awesome! Glad the eye is ok too.

I nearly headbutted a bird twice at highway speeds. That could have been ugly!

Old 06-27-2011, 05:09 AM
June 2011 ROTM

I nearly hit a turkey last Sunday. That was interesting.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:55 PM

I hit two birds in one week one smashed me right in the chest, left nice blood and guts on my jacket, and then the other one I hit on my dad's bike thankfully the windshield took care of that one, no big deal there. That one to the chest almost took me off the back of the bike though not a fun time haha

Old 06-28-2011, 02:33 AM

Glad you guys are all good and walked away from all of those.

*knock on wood but Haven't had even a close encounter so far

Old 06-29-2011, 02:56 PM

i had just finished working on the bike and a girl came over. So i gave her my helmet because i didn't have a 2nd one at the time and we went on a quick 2 mile ride at night. No helmet/ no gear and i ate a bunch of bugs. And we took off fast and all of a sudden a huge grasshopper hit me straight in the heart. It knocked the wind out of me and everything haha

Old 06-30-2011, 03:39 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Try riding with your visor up going about 35~ and catch a wasp inside the padding of your helmet and your eyes... yeah they dont die when they land in the exact spot lol...

Old 06-30-2011, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
Try riding with your visor up going about 35~ and catch a wasp inside the padding of your helmet and your eyes... yeah they dont die when they land in the exact spot lol...
That sucks!

I make sure that my internal sun visor is down whenever I keep my main visor open for this exact reason.

I did however got stung by a wasp on my left quad... at highway speeds on a country road! It probably got knocked out of the air, landed on my leg and decided to punish me.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by tyfrist
i had just finished working on the bike and a girl came over. So i gave her my helmet because i didn't have a 2nd one at the time and we went on a quick 2 mile ride at night. No helmet/ no gear and i ate a bunch of bugs. And we took off fast and all of a sudden a huge grasshopper hit me straight in the heart. It knocked the wind out of me and everything haha
That's what you get for squidding.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:34 PM

This has been a crazy year so far for critters. I've dodged at least two deer and came close to hitting a few birds. I can't even count the number of squirrels and turtles I've had to avoid. One day a truck in front of me ran over some road kill and tossed the bits up in the air right and I couldn't avoid it. Everything reeked of death the rest of the trip. Another time a big, angry bug flew into my helmet while my visor was up and stung my lip. It stung the hell out of me and made a clean getaway. Don't know where it went. The 13-year cicadas didn't make things better. I took hits everywhere, but the worst were on my neck and directly to the knee cap.

Quick Reply: Billion to one shot.